Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Does that leave any OL left on the roster? TG last year isn't really shaping up too well
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
While Im guessing you meant that as a toungue in cheek rhetorical question, we do have 12 returning linemen if my numbers are correct since I don't think every single lineman from last year is transferring or graduating
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:While Im guessing you meant that as a toungue in cheek rhetorical question, we do have 12 returning linemen if my numbers are correct since I don't think every single lineman from last year is transferring or graduating
12 returning OL? That was the question I asked
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if anybody get a screen shot of the snarky tweet Lucas made (and then quickly deleted) The gist of it was that it was great to wake up and know he never had to set foot in Lynchburg again
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Lucas may have done well with his "book learnin", but clearly there are a few things his previous teachers either did not cover or failed to register with him Hopefully he can check one of them off after that debacle

Burning bridges by badmouthing a place that provided you with 2 free degrees and the opportunity to move on to where you are today is, as the kids say these days, "not a good look"
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ANd instead of owning what he ended up deleting, Im guessing you saw what he posted to follow up his rather incendiary comment about his alma mater (and former place of residence)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So this is what Lucas tweeted after taking down the thinly veiled Liberty shade

I almost opened a twitter account just to ask him what road he planned on paving with his good intentions
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Maybe its' just me but I don't think he was referring Liberty at all but more towards the city of Lynchburg. almost everyone I know hates Lynchburg.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Maybe its' just me but I don't think he was referring Liberty at all but more towards the city of Lynchburg. almost everyone I know hates Lynchburg.
That is possible, but how could he not know it would be construed that way :dontgetit

Perhaps another indication that academic talent does not always translate to wisdom
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I seriously doubt Lucas was referencing the City of Lynchburg when he is headed to Macomb. No one would choose to live in that city if there were any other options. I think it is very clear what he was referencing.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I seriously doubt Lucas was referencing the City of Lynchburg when he is headed to Macomb. No one would choose to live in that city if there were any other options. I think it is very clear what he was referencing.
I was wondering about that, but don't know much about Macomb

This was a smart move for Lucas from an academic and career perspective Having that second Master's from WIU as opposed to 3 degrees from Liberty will be a boost to his resume' He's a good player, but probably not NFL good, so I really don't see it making a lot of difference as far as football is concerned I was 100% in his corner till that tweet
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Lets be real. He didn't have many options. WIU, Duquesne, and ESTU. One plays in the MVC. Its an easy choice for an athlete and he'll probably hate Macomb too.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ding Ding Ding, kid was always hurt. Seriously look how much time he was in the training room the last couple years and how many games he missed. Every time i've ever clicked on his profile he looks like a immature crybaby who wears his emotions on his sleeve. I don't fault him for leaving and the point about a different degree totally makes sense. Just shut up and do what's best for you. Not like any of those schools are powers or great places to live.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
There was no need to drop a grenade on the bridge as you step off it though (referring to his tweet earlier)
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Does Lucas Holder transferring affect any of our lives, at all?

So what's the point of making statements like, "his profile he looks like a immature crybaby who wears his emotions on his sleeve"?

Let's try our hardest to comment about a student-athlete transferring to another school to further his education and football career without stooping to childish lows. If the kid wanted to burn bridges then that's great. Liberty football moves on and our lives are completely unaffected by him "burning bridges".

Edit: If you're going to make an immature statement about a former student-athlete, at least use proper grammar when making your statement. His profile looks like AN immature crybaby, not A immature crybaby.
Last edited by LUnpretty11 on January 12th, 2017, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:Does Lucas Holder transferring affect any of our lives, at all?

So what's the point of making statements like, "his profile he looks like a immature crybaby who wears his emotions on his sleeve"?

Let's try our hardest to comment about a student-athlete transferring to another school to further his education and football career without stooping to childish lows. If the kid wanted to burn bridges than that's great. Liberty football moves on and our lives are completely unaffected by him "burning bridges".

Edit: If you're going to make an immature statement about a former student-athlete, at least use proper grammar when making your statement. His profile looks like AN immature crybaby, not A immature crybaby.
If you are calling out someone else's grammar, make sure yours is correct. Look up the definitions for than and then.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
He deleted it , which is a good indicator that he knows he made a mistake on twitter.

The educational opportunity was a major factor I'm sure. I choose not to hold that tweet against him too much.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
LUnpretty11 wrote:Does Lucas Holder transferring affect any of our lives, at all?

Let's try our hardest to comment about a student-athlete transferring to another school to further his education and football career without stooping to childish lows. If the kid wanted to burn bridges than that's great. Liberty football moves on and our lives are completely unaffected by him "burning bridges".

If you are calling out someone else's grammar, make sure yours is correct. Look up the definitions for than and then.
That's fair.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
No dont read it if hurts your feelings. Its a message board Typing from a phone, just ignore my posts like i do yours if it bothers you that much.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:No dont read it if hurts your feelings. Its a message board Typing from a phone, just ignore my posts like i do yours if it bothers you that much.
This ain't a message board, maaannnn this is a cell phone!!! What you think I'm stupid?!?!? I'm not apart of your system!!!

Don't get all panties in a wad because I pointed out the fact Lucas Holder never wanting to see Lynchburg ever again has no relevance on our lives whatsoever. I am more than able to point out that your name calling a former student athlete is pointless and childish, since this is a message board and all.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]