Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:It's SOP for the president to sign off on the decision, not make the decision after being consulted.
What you said
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I do not buy that university presidents across this country are simply rubber-stamping their AD's selections for coaching hires, and ESPECIALLY not the football coach They are involved, as they should be I believe JLFJR has made it pretty clear he has a ton of confidence in McCaw You don't hire someone knowing there will be a firestorm of negativity from all sides if you don't believe in him
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jerry does more than rubber stamp hires and just forced Barber's resignation because of the hires Jeff made. Sounds like Jerry should look himself in the mirror. Just saying.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Jerry does more than rubber stamp hires and just forced Barber's resignation because of the hires Jeff made. Sounds like Jerry should look himself in the mirror. Just saying.
I have no argument with that, but he has done much better in some other areas, and I don't see him firing himself :doh
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I do not buy that university presidents across this country are simply rubber-stamping their AD's selections for coaching hires, and ESPECIALLY not the football coach They are involved, as they should be I believe JLFJR has made it pretty clear he has a ton of confidence in McCaw You don't hire someone knowing there will be a firestorm of negativity from all sides if you don't believe in him
Didn't he State yesterday he's somewhat surprised by the criticism because of the extensive vetting they did (over Thanksgiving apparently)
You may not buy it buts it's true. Unless a coach does something to embarrass Thea hook most Presidents are hands off. JR is a micromanager. It's just who he is
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:I do not buy that university presidents across this country are simply rubber-stamping their AD's selections for coaching hires, and ESPECIALLY not the football coach They are involved, as they should be I believe JLFJR has made it pretty clear he has a ton of confidence in McCaw You don't hire someone knowing there will be a firestorm of negativity from all sides if you don't believe in him
Didn't he State yesterday he's somewhat surprised by the criticism because of the extensive vetting they did (over Thanksgiving apparently)
You may not buy it buts it's true. Unless a coach does something to embarrass Thea hook most Presidents are hands off. JR is a micromanager. It's just who he is
He was very clear (at least I thought so) in the Roth interview, that he was expecting criticism on the hire, but believed it was worth it

So, is it your position that being a micro-manager is intrinsically evil :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
He was very clear (at least I thought so) in the Roth interview, that he was expecting criticism on the hire, but believed it was worth it

So, is it your position that being a micro-manager is intrinsically evil :dontgetit
I've heard a couple of interviews so I could be mistaken
Micromanaging has a time and a place. Also the WORST micromanagers are the ones who say 'I'm not a micromanager '!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Need improvement on O Line and improvement in play calling. We are too conservative on 1st and 2nd down, resulting in too many 3rd and longs.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:When are they replacing the OC?
As soon as Art Briles can pack :twisted:
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
There has been no indication they are Some of us just hope they will 8)
Add me to the "some" list. :mrgreen:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
As soon as Art Briles can pack :twisted:
Imagine that. :D
It's not that difficult. No other school will touch him
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: It's not that difficult. No other school will touch him
It's too new and fresh. I think he'll get some looks in another year or two.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: It's not that difficult. No other school will touch him
It's too new and fresh. I think he'll get some looks in another year or two.
LU may be looking for a coach before then
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now.

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]