Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So here is the 2017 schedule so far. . .

Sep 02 - @ Baylor
Sep 09 - Morehead State
Sep 16 - Open
Sep 23 - Indiana State
Sep 30 - Open
Oct 07 - Kennesaw State
Oct 14 - @ Monmouth
Oct 21 - Presbyterian
Oct 28 - @ Gardner-Webb
Nov 04 - @ Charleston Southern
Nov 11 - Open
Nov 18 - Open

Right now we sit @8 games, which means we still need 3 more(unless I am missing an away game at JSU?)

Who would be your 3 dream teams to play to complete this schedule?
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
@ Jacksonville State
- know we got smoked by them this year, but this game at their place would be a good evaluation from this year to next year.

vs. Campbell
- A pre-taste of a big south clash with a former flame in coach Minter.

VMI
- Renew an old big south matchup

I think by adding these 3 to our other three non-conferece games (baylor, indiana st and morehead st.) we are looking at as of now a 4-2 record in OOC play.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well Im as upset about this year as anybody else but youre such a Debbie Downer ballah...

Anyway, add in JSU and likely Campbell (home game I reckon) and that would leave us with one more slot to fill, which will probably be a home game as well
By Jonathan Carone
At Baylor, at JSU, and at CSU are likely losses. Kennesaw will be tough. We could mess around and lose at G-W if things don't change.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:At Baylor, at JSU, and at CSU are likely losses. Kennesaw will be tough. We could mess around and lose at G-W if things don't change.
this is what I'm thinking as well nd Bj not a debbie downer just following the trend
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I figured as much...I was just going through games that we haven't filled in that we likely will. With the visit down to Alabama and a likely visit from Coach Minter and the Camels in prep for their joining the Big South, we only have one game we can really swing to fill out the schedule
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope we go to MARSHALL.
FIFY. Go Herd!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to see us play Duquesne or even St. Francis (Pa) a home and home and another CAA opponent like Elon.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
I think adding Samford every few years would be great. We haven't played them since 2000. We share pretty much the same beliefs, they've made the playoffs a couple of times the past few years. Houston Baptist would be another suggestion Or one of those Tennessee schools in the Ohio valley conference.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
JSU was a home and home, so we will be going to their place in 2017. Pretty confident we will be playing Campbell in their transitional year - see Presy, Stony Brook, Monmouth etc. I would love to see us add UNCC if possible. They would be a great low level FBS option, and it would be in my backyard :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Looks like ballcoach has developed BJ-like detective skills. :clapping
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That means that the Indiana State game is gonna move (preferably to one of the other dates in September)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:That means that the Indiana State game is gonna move (preferably to one of the other dates in September)
Or the other date is a wrong
By nyblue92
Registration Days Posts
I'd want to see a game anywhere out west so I could see them play. Preferably the University of San Diego. The Torrero's have a decent program and would be a good game, plus it would potentially open new recruiting windows. I don't think we've ever played West of Texas. I know west coast trips are costly, but if we have 1.4 million a year invested in our HC and two coordinators then I don't wanna hear money as an excuse for anything.

I wouldn't mind seeing our rivalry with Coastal continue.

A third game against one of the Virginia CAA powers. The games we've played against Richmond, William & Mary and JMU have always been fun games. I think the committee thinks highly of wins against the CAA, even if they aren't the best conference anymore. And I think playing CAA schools does the most good for our recruiting.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I recall one season where LU got shafted by the CAA (and Selection Committee) by giving a playoff berth to some CAA school when LU should have gotten it. Can't recall the year, but since that time I have no use at all for CAA. I despise JMU and Richmond. I might would be for playing Wm and Mary.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
nyblue92 wrote:I'd want to see a game anywhere out west so I could see them play. Preferably the University of San Diego. The Torrero's have a decent program and would be a good game, plus it would potentially open new recruiting windows. I don't think we've ever played West of Texas. I know west coast trips are costly, but if we have 1.4 million a year invested in our HC and two coordinators then I don't wanna hear money as an excuse for anything.
I hope you get your wish. I'm originally from SoCal. In the late 90's Liberty did go out to Cal Poly SLO to play. We got beat but it was nice to see my first LU game in person since the 80's. And those were the poor ol' days.
By Jonathan Carone
Where our schedule goes next year will be very interesting. Jeff was the one pushing for the tougher schedule. Gill, in the past, has preferred more of a Moglia style schedule including a D2 game or two. The openings next year will be determined by McCaw's direction for the program.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]