Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
House on fire wrote:What's the over/under on how long this particular forum is dormant once an announcement is made? "I told you so"'s and "I can't believe it"'s don't count.
I need more clarification on the question
By House on fire
Jonathan Carone wrote:
House on fire wrote:What's the over/under on how long this particular forum is dormant once an announcement is made? "I told you so"'s and "I can't believe it"'s don't count.
Oh man. That’s a great question. I think it depends on the coach. Likely 3 years though if it’s a good one.
Nice job giving yourself an out! :D I hope whoever it is gets that long.
By CCWMichael
If it's Wimberly?
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
CCWMichael wrote:
If it's Wimberly?
It won't be Wimberly
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:
If it's Wimberly?
It won't be Wimberly
Details or I hate you :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:
It won't be Wimberly
Details or I hate you :lol:
Now we're getting somewhere! Cross one candidate off the list.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Go back and watch the press conference. The talk of someone on the current staff getting the job all came from Gill, and why wouldn't he? He's looking out for his guys. Then Ian was asked if he would consider internal candidates, and he said we will consider internal and external. That's just a nice PR answer. No one on the current staff will be the next head coach.

If anyone is hired today it will be Freeze.
By Jonathan Carone
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Jon or Duke,

Since it won't be Wimbo, will it be someone today even thought temperatures might be freezing? 8)
I'm a different person but I would say no.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I've also heard from multiple people that Streeter has indicated he isn't interested.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:I've also heard from multiple people that Streeter has indicated he isn't interested.
Yikes. I get a coordinator stating that perhaps but a position coach? That's unfortunate.
By Ewglenn
VAGolf wrote:
jcmanson wrote:I've also heard from multiple people that Streeter has indicated he isn't interested.
Yikes. I get a coordinator stating that perhaps but a position coach? That's unfortunate.
Tony Elliott is on deck for a head coaching gig which means he is in line to become a co-offensive coordinator.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Ian met with both Dailey and Wimberly today
:clapping
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:"Baby it's Cold Outside" They are calling for a huge freeze with lots of snow for the South this weekend. :)
Sounds like flameshaw has heard from his sources. About the weather. That´s it. The weather.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, if you want something done right, do it yourself.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So since streeter/freeze was almost everybodys top 2. Whos the next best option? Seth littrell and troy walters are the only 2 that ive seen that are interesting to me and i still dont know enough about walters to know for sure.

Obviously there are lots of options they just arent as proven overall or at liberty as the top 2 are.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:So since streeter/freeze was almost everybodys top 2. Whos the next best option?
I don't know anything about his faith background, and he's an old guy, but Ruffin McNeill might be one of those "bridge" coaches for a few years. He was pretty popular at ECU, I think.

I also like Ron Brown when he was here as an Associate Head coach, but I've heard no mention of his name this week as a possible candidate.

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]