Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote:If we hire Hugh Freeze then we've officially sold our soul to the success of football.
Is there more info about Freeze that we (well just me I guess) don't know of? Also, why would you say that? I want to know your reason, not criticizing it.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:If we hire Hugh Freeze then we've officially sold our soul to the success of football.
Is there more info about Freeze that we (well just me I guess) don't know of? Also, why would you say that? I want to know your reason, not criticizing it.
This is a start:

https://deadspin.com/report-hugh-freeze ... 1798331117
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

LU loves the redemption story and that is how they would sell it if they do hire him.

I don't think they will hire him but nothing will surprise me at this point.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:

LU loves the redemption story and that is how they would sell it if they do hire him.

I don't think they will hire him but nothing will surprise me at this point.
Lookit. You have plenty of time to get used to the idea of Coach Freeze. He checks every single box that would need to be checked for an LU coach to replace HCTG. Bringing him back this year makes so much more sense now.
#Freeze2018
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Look who seems to have finally jumped clear of the Briles bandwagon.
He has never been on that bandwagon. Briles is a red herring. His statement is clear if you're listening.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Look who seems to have finally jumped clear of the Briles bandwagon.
I thought Briles was a shoe in but it didn’t happen this year so I think that ship has sailed.

Seeing how this Freeze thing is working out is writing on the wall not seen this clearly since Belshazzar
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
He has never been on that bandwagon. Briles is a red herring. His statement is clear if you're listening.
Sarcasm doesn't always have clarity on a board. As they used to say in Appalachia as a kid, I was just funnin' him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:
SumItUp wrote:
Sarcasm doesn't always have clarity on a board. As they used to say in Appalachia as a kid, I was just funnin' him.
I felt funned! :D
By Class of 20Something
:beatinghorse

Could a hypothetical Liberty HC Freeze be welcomed into the homes of the kinds of student athletes(Faith and Character) that Liberty would want to target? The off season is long my friends.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote::beatinghorse

Could a hypothetical Liberty HC Freeze be welcomed into the homes of the kinds of student athletes(Faith and Character) that Liberty would want to target? The off season is long my friends.
Absolutely. Everyone loves a story of redemption
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

Honestly, the redemption story I would like most is for Turner Gill to show some passion and emotion and turn this thing around. The best redemption story is for a legend as a player and a relative failure as a coach on the big stage (relative because who can really win at Kansas?!) to get back on top taking a school few had even heard of in the football world to success at the highest level and do it with integrity and class!
That would be a movie script redemption story. I want TG to succeed. Does he have it in him? I don't know.
By Class of 20Something
I like TG the man, but hopes and dreams doesn't pay the bills. I would love to see that story, but eventually you have to make the decision with the results that have been produced.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Honestly, the redemption story I would like most is for Turner Gill to show some passion and emotion and turn this thing around. The best redemption story is for a legend as a player and a relative failure as a coach on the big stage (relative because who can really win at Kansas?!) to get back on top taking a school few had even heard of in the football world to success at the highest level and do it with integrity and class!
That would be a movie script redemption story. I want TG to succeed. Does he have it in him? I don't know.
I would love to see it as well.
Unfortunately, the answer to the "who can really win at Kansas" question is Mark Mangino. Apparently abusing your players is the secret formula. :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I like TG the man, but hopes and dreams doesn't pay the bills. I would love to see that story, but eventually you have to make the decision with the results that have been produced.

I believe He has to show Ian and Jerry something THIS YEAR that will convince them he can get the job done at the FBS level. I think he really shot himself in the foot regarding his chances for that when he passed by the chance to hire a DC with the additional assistant position the NCAA permitted teams to add. He could have upgraded and kept Wimbo as an assistant but made the lame move to promote a QC guy instead :roll: He is loyal to his guys, but it's misguided. They all suffer if he does not have the best staff possible, and especially in leadership positions.
By Ewglenn
olldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I like TG the man, but hopes and dreams doesn't pay the bills. I would love to see that story, but eventually you have to make the decision with the results that have been produced.

I believe He has to show Ian and Jerry something THIS YEAR that will convince them he can get the job done at the FBS level. I think he really shot himself in the foot regarding his chances for that when he passed by the chance to hire a DC with the additional assistant position the NCAA permitted teams to add. He could have upgraded and kept Wimbo as an assistant but made the lame move to promote a QC guy instead :roll: He is loyal to his guys, but it's misguided. They all suffer if he does not have the best staff possible, and especially in leadership positions.
Exactly, that move was by far the most disappointing move this offseason imo. I like TG but I just don’t know how he is going to improve at the FBS level.
By CCWMichael
I could use a bit of guidance here. I have read Jr. played a large part in this recruiting class. If so, what does that indicate about the confidence in the Gman? Or, has Jr. always been involved in the process?

I am in high hopes the coaching staff will correct many of the technically errors from last year and we will win well.
On that, please press the corners to the receivers and quit giving up easy pass plays .. make em work for it!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]