Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ElmersTwin
BJWilliams wrote:
rmiller1959 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I could get behind a Streeter hire...as a Texas Tech fan second to LU, I would love to see either Graham Harrell or Kliff Kingsbury on the list of candidates
Guns up! I would love to see Kliff Kingsbury here, but he's got NFL offers on the table. I don't know that this would be his gig.

Are you an alumnus or just a fan?
Post I'm referring to
I try to be realistic about our options, but the kid in me [grew up a Tech fan and still follow them] would be so hyped if we were able to grab someone from under the Leach tree (with the exception of Briles). If there's anyone who's worth thinking about other than Harrell I would argue Sonny Cumbie at TCU.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
The Lane Train in Lynchburg would be incredible!

Interesting to see that Bill Clark's name has not come up today. I'm not saying he would, but UAB's future in football is not a guaranteed thing.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bill Clark has consistently shut down bigger time overtures over the past year. His name came up in Lubbock and he quickly removed himself from consideration. I think he'd make a great choice but I don't see him as a legitimate candidate. If we are just throwing out names, I have one that will have you all laughing but isn't really as crazy as it seems. Stay tuned.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:Freeze will be hard to get if FSU, Tennessee and possibly Alabama wants him at OC
HC might be more appealing than OC
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Hope y'all have been well. I'll drop you a name. SEC legend. Devout Christian. Deserves a shot at a FBS school. Knows offensive football and your stands would be full due to the entertainment value alone.

Kerwin Bell.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
His name was brought up earlier. He was actually mentioned as a candidate back when we hired Gill many moons ago. I don't see it happening from D2 even if it is a D2 powerhouse like Valdosta State.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Please go to bed sly. You are drunk
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im just a fan miller. Go back to when Mike Leach was the man in charge. I really haven't had college teams i support outside of Liberty until the last 10 years or so but the Flames are always my number 1
Mike Leach gave them some of their best years. I'm an alum - graduated in 1982, but Liberty is also my #1 college team.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Don't know much about Eliah the NC ST. O-Coordinator but he has developed Ryan Finely into a pro QB that has been rated as high as a first round draft pick in some mock drafts. I wouldn't mind this IF he is an Evangelical.
By CCWMichael
flameshaw wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Image
Just say NO!!!!!!!!
I posted elsewhere that bringing in Jennings a Tbow to learn under a coach.
Presumpyion who we hire may leave.
Two young guys who can learn the ins and out of HC position then both vie for the HC position after our hire bolts.
We know these two young men would be sold on the Liberty way.
Connections to the NFL do not hurt.
They would be the best reecruiters and examp0les in the media.
We just need a coach willing to bring them in and somebody to throw cash at a long term vision.
By Jonathan Carone
What we know about Ian is he will find a really good coach who he believes can have success. His background or current position won’t matter much to Ian.

The question is if Jerry will let him pull in an unknown guy or if he insists on getting the press clippings.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Excellent list. I had not thought about Jim Grobe.

Of those candidates, I'd rank them in this order:

Freeze
Briles
Streeter
Grobe
All others
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]