Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:So I know it’s HIGHLY unlikely but worth noting. Jim Mora was let go at UCLA today. His buyout is 12 Million which UCLA will have to pay him for a few years. A buyout like that could help us land a coach like that. If a guy like Kiffen can end up at UCLA then you never know. I have no idea if he’s a Christian though.
They let Mora go and hired Kiffin?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:So I know it’s HIGHLY unlikely but worth noting. Jim Mora was let go at UCLA today. His buyout is 12 Million which UCLA will have to pay him for a few years. A buyout like that could help us land a coach like that. If a guy like Kiffen can end up at UCLA then you never know. I have no idea if he’s a Christian though.
Mora is not a good coach (head coach for some that need the clarification).............. zero chance. He didn't get any Heisman votes either.

Gill 4 life.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
My bad, no I meant to say at FAU, I edited it!
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
No thank you on Mora. He’s a terrible Head coach. He might be worse than Gill in managing teams if that’s possible.
Last edited by ballah09 on November 19th, 2017, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BigRed1 wrote:Are we time traveling on A Sea of Red? Noticed that the time posts are about an hour into the future.
Their server didn't fall back.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
My bad, no I meant to say at FAU, I edited it!
It’s all good. I would have been shocked after how things ended across town for Kiffin!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
BigRed1 wrote:Are we time traveling on A Sea of Red? Noticed that the time posts are about an hour into the future.
You have to go into your settings in board preferences and turn off DST.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:The day of the Lord is about over ... now it is time to get to work .... PLEASE!
It’s 5 O’Colcok somewhere!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:Rumor has it chip kelly to Florida being finalized..
That would be a perfect fit. Saban hates his style of offense. He’ll be able to recruit just as well if not better than at Oregon.
By BigRed1
flamehunter wrote:
thepostman wrote:
You have to go into your settings in board preferences and turn off DST.
Thanks!
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
One of our former LU Football players (recently graduated) had posted this article (attached below) on social media today.

Thought it was interesting..

Its nice to see believing coaches putting their inner faith and witness into practice and public proclamation (that's what being evangelical is).

We can probably all agree these days that this takes courage, when believers (coaches and players) walk the walk on public college and university campuses these days.

https://www.turningpoint.news/universit ... ed-bibles/
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
Purely speculative. Haha. But Jerry Jr being in Mar-a-Lago, FL is only 85 to 90 miles from the University of Miami.

Mark Richt would look good in LU colors of Red, White, and Blue..
By Ewglenn
ballcoach15 wrote:Mora would not be a good hire for LU. Probably worst name that has been mentioned in this thread.
I agree. He didn't do much at UCLA with a lot of talent.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Mora would not be a good hire for LU. Probably worst name that has been mentioned in this thread.
I agree. He didn't do much at UCLA with a lot of talent.
Mora was 46-30 at UCLA. The last two years he struggled. We were talking about a head coach coming in for a few years who had FBS experience to help us transition. You’re telling me you wouldn’t take a guy who has a career .600 winning percentage to help transition for 4-5 years? I would. It’s a moot point though because I was never advocating I simply said a coach like mora (high profile) with a high buyout (12 mil) could be done here simply because we can save money on what we pay as they continue to make money off their prior school.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The woods are full of coaches better than Mora, that would be better fit at LU.
Which is why I never suggested hiring him. I simply was pointing out that a “buyout like that could help us land a coach like that (higher profile)”. I see your reading comprehension is failing you.
By CCWMichael
LUalum12 wrote:I don't think it matters who is mentioned. Gill most likely will get one more year.
At this point I agree. Gill is in. It would make no business sense to keep Gill any longer than today. Go Flames! Go GIll! GO FBS!
I have made no bones about what I desired but the reality is now setting in that Gill is here to stay.
Why? No coach of value willing to come here? Someone mentioned earlier that Gill staying will not fill the seats. Business wise Gill and our home opponents will not fill the seats but for ODU. The general public who will fill the seats at the Will wants expectations (excitement). So, our Flames Club membership and season tickets should not rise much given market value.
Player wise … should I stay, or should I go? W and L does matter at some point. No conference championship we require a higher standard and easy recognition. That is just business (I think football is that).
I hope my suspicion is incorrect. If not, Go get em’ Gill. I still expect three or four wins no matter how we earn them in 2018.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
LUalum12 wrote:I don't think it matters who is mentioned. Gill most likely will get one more year.
At this point I agree. Gill is in. It would make no business sense to keep Gill any longer than today. Go Flames! Go GIll! GO FBS!
I have made no bones about what I desired but the reality is now setting in that Gill is here to stay.
Why? No coach of value willing to come here? Someone mentioned earlier that Gill staying will not fill the seats. Business wise Gill and our home opponents will not fill the seats but for ODU. The general public who will fill the seats at the Will wants expectations (excitement). So, our Flames Club membership and season tickets should not rise much given market value.
Player wise … should I stay, or should I go? W and L does matter at some point. No conference championship we require a higher standard and easy recognition. That is just business (I think football is that).
I hope my suspicion is incorrect. If not, Go get em’ Gill. I still expect three or four wins no matter how we earn them in 2018.
The consensus is that LU’s record will not be any good next year and maybe the year after regardless of who the HC is at the helm. I think LU will fill the seats more than people think, again regardless of HC. There’s a ‘newness’ to these opponents that will draw interest. That might offset any decline if LU stays with Status Quo. But I’m not sure the attendance will be that much greater, though some, with a new HC
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]