Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:It's interesting to hear you guys speak about coaches and characterize them solely by their past. As if one can't learn and change/adapt.

Sometimes all a coach needs is another chance.
Not a lot of people on this board have coaching experience
By Jonathan Carone
JK37 wrote:It's interesting to hear you guys speak about coaches and characterize them solely by their past. As if one can't learn and change/adapt.

Some can change. Most don't, especially if they have been head coaches. They have their system and style that they believe in and stick to it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:

Some can change. Most don't, especially if they have been head coaches. They have their system and style that they believe in and stick to it.
That would be wrong
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I'm really going to enjoy another 6-5 season if Gill is back. I can definitely see a 3rd place finish too. Once KSU gets a defense they will be kicking our a** along with CSU
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I like Jerry Mack, Brandon Streeter, and David Bennet. I am ok with Gill bringing on Streeter, I am also fine with readjusting our priorities and striving to be a good FCS team. I am relieved that the Big South added Campbell and might add some more move ups. I am happy with the Big South for now. I also think JMU will be the next team to move up to FBS...if that happens...we need to seriously consider making a push to replace them in the caa and consider that a longtime home for a while. I think part of our problem in athletics in general is we're trying to be someone that we are not, instead of being the best version of who we are.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
please no David Bennett :guntohead and Streeter is not going to leave Clemson for Liberty for an OC position. If he's at Liberty its because he's the next HC.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
That's fine. So I'd still be happy with any of those 3 guys including Bennet. I also think we will be more successful by accepting that the goal is to be a consistantly string FCS program.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think all we need is a new "playbook". We are too simple and predictable on offense. If we can't run off right tackle, we're done. I would like to know how many times we ran off right tackle on first and 2nd down this season with little or no gain.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
No way we get Charlie but to say Turner Gill 2.0 is just not accurate. Charlie had great success at Louisville and showed he can recruit with this last class. He will land on his feet at a power 5 school. Class Act.

I think there is an increasing chance we make no change at all but if we do my vote is for a power 5 coordinator that can recruit.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Charlie Strong may have failed at Texas but he is the type of coach I'd love to see in Lynchburg. He has high character. But his DC credentials get him a top tier job in that role at one of the major programs at the minimum if he doesn't land another HC gig.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Dana Holgerson
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
By Dalegarz1
As a football coach I think a replacement for TG is in order. However, because of the character of the man, if he is retained I will not hesitate to get behind him and support him in anyway I can. There seems to be those that want to take their ball and go home if he is not replaced. That's the "entitlement world" in which we find ourselves.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think all we need is a new "playbook". We are too simple and predictable on offense. If we can't run off right tackle, we're done. I would like to know how many times we ran off right tackle on first and 2nd down this season with little or no gain.
It is not the only problem, but I agree we need more diversified and creative offensive play calling The Daley experiment has been an abject failure I'm fairly certain Gill was pressured to replace Stamn at OC last year, and rather than look for an experienced and successful replacement, he went in house and just reassigned people, which seems to be his modus operandi If Gill wants to remain a D1 HC he needs to realize his own limitations and understand he needs an OC who has proven he can get the job done
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:Turner will be at Liberty another 4-5 years. His next move will be a FBS job at a CUSA, MAC or Sunbelt school. :shock:
While your prediction is not looking likely right now, I would be overjoyed to see it come to pass, because it would mean the next 4-5 years will be really good ones for Liberty football
By Dalegarz1
by Yacht Rock » November 20th, 2016, 8:45 am
I don't think that's an etitlement move. It's a "our team sorta isn't very good right now" move.

I'm referring to the ones who have stated that they will not come to anymore games or renew season tickets, etc.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]