Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have missed 3 home games in 9 years. I have never purchased a ticket.
You are part of the problem
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I have missed 3 home games in 9 years. I have never purchased a ticket.
Yes, the long history of giving away admission for any number of reasons has no doubt devalued the product I confess to having contributed myself, but that was as a part of a program where I brought groups of disabled adults from the rehab facility where I worked
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Yes, the long history of giving away admission for any number of reasons has no doubt devalued the product I confess to having contributed myself, but that was as a part of a program where I brought groups of disabled adults from the rehab facility where I worked
Yeah totally different. That's really cool
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
For past 8 years, I have worked the games, thus did not need ticket. Before that, I got in on high school coaches pass.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
[/quote]Purple Haize
Yeah totally different. That's really cool[/quote]

It was a blast Our people absolutely loved coming and several are now die hard Flames Fans who will sometimes take the bus and pay their own way to a game if the facility is not bringing a group The agency would have gladly paid admission for myself and other staff who provided transport and supervision, but Liberty would have none of it It started about 20 years ago with 1 or 2 football games a year and when I retired in 2011 it was every home FB game, more than half the MBB games and a few each of WBB and baseball They are still doing it, but not as much since I left
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize
Yeah totally different. That's really cool[/quote]

It was a blast Our people absolutely loved coming and several are now die hard Flames Fans who will sometimes take the bus and pay their own way to a game if the facility is not bringing a group The agency would have gladly paid admission for myself and other staff who provided transport and supervision, but Liberty would have none of it It started about 20 years ago with 1 or 2 football games a year and when I retired in 2011 it was every home FB game, more than half the MBB games and a few each of WBB and baseball They are still doing it, but not as much since I left[/quote]

Again. That's really a cool deal
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:For past 8 years, I have worked the games, thus did not need ticket. Before that, I got in on high school coaches pass.
They let high schoolers coach? I had no idea.

Just messing with you.
By Class of 20Something
VAGolf wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:For past 8 years, I have worked the games, thus did not need ticket. Before that, I got in on high school coaches pass.
They let high schoolers coach? I had no idea.

Just messing with you.
Sure they do. Look at our record.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:Didn't someone previously suggest closing this thread? I think it's safe to say that Coach Gill is with us for another season at least. If he thought his job was at risk, he wouldn't be out giving interviews to our intrepid site managers:

http://www.aseaofred.com/year-end-thoug ... oach-gill/
I think that was me Day 1. Seeing as LU had no opening I thought this was a bit premature
By rtb72
JK you can call me pansy, ignorant or whatever. Quite frankly, your opinion of someone you know nothing about simply confirms more about you than me. You are so childish and I'll address it no further as it is futile to languish in volatile, juvenile silliness with you. The money I was talking about was ticket money and attendance. Attendance does make a difference and it is usually attached to money. Whether that is a catalyst or not for what happens to the program or coach is irrelevant to me....it's just my choice for what has not become "entertainment". I'm sure you'll have some silly point to make about this post and by all mean I'm sure you'll further prove my point. Nevertheless, your defining me as ignorant proves nothing more than the absence in depth in understanding, which you had all along. And I will stick by that comment! Good day, young man!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Hey guys, let's try to remain civil and respectful. Thanks!
Shut up. No one asked you. :evil:
I got your civil right here paly cakes!! :urinal
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Gill held a meeting with the team after the Coastal loss. JB was let go, but the official press release said he "resigned", which we all knew but it's been confirmed. Gill is unsure of his job security, but encouraged the players to stay off social media unlike his daughter. Best moment of the year for HCTG right there. This season's failure came down to the o-line and suspensions. We made the playoffs in 2014 because our o-line could dominate the LOS in every game we played. That hasn't happened again since that year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:Gill held a meeting with the team after the Coastal loss. JB was let go, but the official press release said he "resigned", which we all knew but it's been confirmed. Gill is unsure of his job security, but encouraged the players to stay off social media unlike his daughter. Best moment of the year for HCTG right there. This season's failure came down to the o-line and suspensions. We made the playoffs in 2014 because our o-line could dominate the LOS in every game we played. That hasn't happened again since that year.
I agree, but with a couple of caveats The only suspension that really hurt us was Green and we were still OK at that position til Avery and Brown went down with injuries The O line was a problem all year, but IMHO that was almost all due to injuries We had addressed depth issues in recruiting, but the only 2 of the 6 O-linemen we signed who were ready to contribute were Lozano and Crawford, and both of them were hurt at times as well Depth should be much better next year losing only Campbell, with 4 R-FR and hopefully a healthy Henderman and Holder In spite of all that, we did have a couple of games where we ran the ball very well, and that doesn't happen unless someone is getting the job done up front

I have expressed it elsewhere, but I believe we need a new OC who can put some creativity and juice in our offense Daley is the most overpaid man in college football, and I say that knowing there are coaches out there making millions for doing nothing :guntohead
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I also ask this question: Why were we rebuilding in year five? Shouldn't we have everything in place in year five so that we're chugging along smoothly?
I would also ask, if we are rebuilding, when were we built?
By walksports
olldflame wrote:I have expressed it elsewhere, but I believe we need a new OC who can put some creativity and juice in our offense ....
A new OC and a new OL coach seemed to do wonders for Penn State this year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So can we shut this thread down now that Gill isn't going anywhere? I hope he has a great year and it continues for years
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:So can we shut this thread down now that Gill isn't going anywhere? I hope he has a great year and it continues for years
I hope for the same Purple I don't know if he can do it without a change at OC, but if $$ is the issue, I'm afraid we may be stuck with what we have there

For the record, I started the thread based on posts from at least 2 people who are known to have "sources" who said that JB and JLFJR were in agreement that we needed a new HC Apparently that was actually true, yet Gill is still here Go figure It's not the first time we've discussed replacements for a coach who was still employed by Liberty, and I'm sure it won't be the last 8)
By ericlc72
It seems to me that it would make since to get the AD hired and let that person handle the head coaching situation. I think just because he is still employed isn't necessarily an indication that he is staying. Wait for the AD hire then we may find out something.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ericlc72 wrote:It seems to me that it would make since to get the AD hired and let that person handle the head coaching situation. I think just because he is still employed isn't necessarily an indication that he is staying. Wait for the AD hire then we may find out something.
JonathonCarone posted this in the "Season Postmortum" Thread:

"I know it was mentioned in the Wagner thread, but I did find out for sure that the staff is being retained for next year. The reason was mainly due to the amount of money it would cost to make a change, not because there's a ton of confidence in the staff. They get a year to prove the new AD they're worth keeping.

The Wagner firing was made completely by Gill and not at the suggestion of Jerry. A large reason for it was because it was believed Wagner had lost the linemen and a change was needed to move them forward.

As far as I know there won't be any other staff shake up. That's obviously subject to change, but as of now, it looks like everything other than OL will remain into next year"

Apparently the decision to not make a change now was financial, based on the outrageous salaries and extensions in place That is JLFJR's call, and I don't see a new AD talking him out of it

Personally, I am hoping he can at least persuade him to allow a change at offensive coordinator That alone apparently would involve eating a total of $600,000 over the next 2 years :shock:
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Gill has been told he will be back next year. A new AD won't change that.
But he was also told not to sign up for any two year plans with Comcast or Sprint. :P
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]