Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
So theoretically and I know it seems like a strange idea but could we be waiting until post Dec. 20 for the new early signing period to see about getting some recruits signed before making the change? Probably not but worth noting the possibility. My guess is still IF there is a change being made, Ian is waiting until more teams seasons are over.
By ElmersTwin
Sly Fox wrote:
ElmersTwin wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:It could be Ian is waiting until other teams seasons are over to make a decision or announcement?
Doubtful. Sumlin's a pipe dream.
As someone who has been around most of his career, I'd refer to him as a pipe nightmare. No thank you. I was hoping the Ags would keep him around longer to keep them down.
Almost as much of a nightmare as hiring his former OC as a head coach. As a Texas Tech fan on the side, I hope Butch Jones makes his way to Aggieland. That would be the cherry on top.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:If there is a head coaching change, a signed NLI is basically meaningless. So I doubt that is any factor here.
I don't believe this is correct unless there has been recent changes in the NCAA rules.
By Ewglenn
SumItUp wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:If there is a head coaching change, a signed NLI is basically meaningless. So I doubt that is any factor here.
I don't believe this is correct unless there has been recent changes in the NCAA rules.
Yeah I was under the impression that a coaching change is not a valid reason to be let go from your NLI.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Any decent new coach allows the player to go elsewhere if they want to after a change. Its just the right thing to do.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jinxy is right. But the rules still allow a school to hold the rights to a student-athlete for one year if they choose. It can get nasty, but it rarely goes that way.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
While the school may release the player from the NLI, it is not a guarantee. For kids that are signing, it is important for them to understand the specifics of the document.

The language included in the NLI says, "I understand I have signed this NLI with the institution and not for a particular sport or individual. If the coach leaves the institution or the sports program, I remain bound by the provisions of this NLI. I understand it is not uncommon for a coach to leave his or her coaching position."
By Ewglenn
Jonathan Carone wrote:I wouldn't want a coach that wouldn't let the kid out of the NLI.
So what you are saying is you wouldn't want Nick Saben?
By Jonathan Carone
Ewglenn wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:I wouldn't want a coach that wouldn't let the kid out of the NLI.
So what you are saying is you wouldn't want Nick Saben?
Not at Liberty, no.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I know this is all speculation and maybe even some sarcasm, but Saban would be a NO go for LU. I am a HUGE Bama fan and the man has a potty mouth that would make a sailor turn blue. Not to mention I hope I am wrong, but he would not be a good fit for the LU mission.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
This thread has gone from stupid to flat insane

Carry on
By CCWMichael
Sly Fox wrote:Image

Yeah, I know he was a walk-on who transferred. But you get my point.
:offtopic As a follower of Boomer Sooner since the 70's I draw my hope for Liberty from this OU team...
Four freshman starters on the D C'mon Flames ... headed back to my swill now :football
By CCWMichael
PAmedic wrote:This thread has gone from stupid to flat insane

Carry on

PA; your amazing ability to perceive the obvious impresses me.

How bout Jimmy Johnson?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I know this is all speculation and maybe even some sarcasm, but Saban would be a NO go for LU. I am a HUGE Bama fan and the man has a potty mouth that would make a sailor turn blue. Not to mention I hope I am wrong, but he would not be a good fit for the LU mission.
LOL. You do know that we have coaches who curse like crazy? We have people in leadership that don’t have the greatest mouth either so...

I hope some people realize we have coaches who have tried to block transfer requests. That’s just as bad as refusing recruit out of his NLI.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]