Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LibertyD
'
Jonathan Carone wrote:Personally, I don’t question the sincerity of it. I’m more annoyed by it than anything. That’s because I hate cheesy Christian catch phrases in general.

My comments about the sincerity were purely to answer the question that was asked.
I don't think Gill cares what you think. The fact that you call Christian phrases "cheesy" speaks for itself. I guess my nightly prayer ritual would be annoying to you as well. Just goes to show you that you can't please everyone, even some "Christians," with something as simple as remembering to acknowledge God. WOW! And what does this have to do with football?
By Jonathan Carone
LibertyD wrote:'
Jonathan Carone wrote:Personally, I don’t question the sincerity of it. I’m more annoyed by it than anything. That’s because I hate cheesy Christian catch phrases in general.

My comments about the sincerity were purely to answer the question that was asked.
I don't think Gill cares what you think. The fact that you call Christian phrases "cheesy" speaks for itself. I guess my nightly prayer ritual would be annoying to you as well. Just goes to show you that you can't please everyone, even some "Christians," with something as simple as remembering to acknowledge God. WOW! And what does this have to do with football?
I find most Christianese cheesy. It’s just my taste. Different people like different things.

As for what it has to do with football - someone asked the question and I happened to answer them. That’s how these discussions and conversations work.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LibertyD

LibertyD welcome! By the way, Gill nor anyone else pays much attention to Jonathan Downer. But we still love him :lol:

[youtube]PcGwkyzmPmA[/youtube]
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
LibertyD wrote:'

(EDITED THIS LINE TO PROTECT PRIVACY). I find most Christianese cheesy. It’s just my taste. Different people like different things.

As for what it has to do with football - someone asked the question and I happened to answer them. That’s how these discussions and conversations work.

If you’re a Liberty Fan he’s your coach too
By Jonathan Carone
I wrote that specifically because the email for that account is (EDITED - Hey guys. I'm editing this piece out since it looks like what I did was a moderator feature and not a general feature. I apologize for that.).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I wrote that specifically because the email for that account is (EDITED - Hey guys. I'm editing this piece out since it looks like what I did was a moderator feature and not a general feature. I apologize for that.).
Why would you dig to find someone’s email? That’s sorta creepy. At least on this type of Message Board. It’s not like you were being threatened with violence or anything
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:I wrote that specifically because the email for that account is (EDITED - Hey guys. I'm editing this piece out since it looks like what I did was a moderator feature and not a general feature. I apologize for that.)..
Why would you dig to find someone’s email? That’s sorta creepy. At least on this type of Message Board. It’s not like you were being threatened with violence or anything
That is really odd and a little unsettling. You’re getting into Falwell territory with actions like that.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:I wrote that specifically because the email for that account is (EDITED - Hey guys. I'm editing this piece out since it looks like what I did was a moderator feature and not a general feature. I apologize for that.).
That is really odd and a little unsettling. You’re getting into Falwell territory with actions like that.
I'll third that. No need for that kind of crap. Seems you are attempting to gain an upper hand on other posters and use that to your advantage in the discussions. Just because you use your real name on here doesn't give you the go ahead to determine other posters' identities when they use a nickname to preserve some privacy.
By Jonathan Carone
It's not like I went through and dug around in a database. I clicked on the profile and there was a button that said "Email User". That button has been there for as long as I can remember, going back to when I was in school. I clicked it and the email popped up. I just assumed it was a standard feature since many message boards I've been on over the years have had it.

As for why I would do it - I like to know who I'm talking to and the context someone is speaking from. Again, I've done it going back ten years. Didn't realize it'd be a thing.
By Jonathan Carone
So it looks like that feature is a moderator only feature. I didn't realize that. I apologize for doing that and have edited the posts to take away what I had said since it's a privacy issue.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:It's not like I went through and dug around in a database. I clicked on the profile and there was a button that said "Email User". That button has been there for as long as I can remember, going back to when I was in school. I clicked it and the email popped up. I just assumed it was a standard feature since many message boards I've been on over the years have had it.

As for why I would do it - I like to know who I'm talking to and the context someone is speaking from. Again, I've done it going back ten years. Didn't realize it'd be a thing.
Yeah, I know I don't have that ability.
By Jonathan Carone
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:It's not like I went through and dug around in a database. I clicked on the profile and there was a button that said "Email User". That button has been there for as long as I can remember, going back to when I was in school. I clicked it and the email popped up. I just assumed it was a standard feature since many message boards I've been on over the years have had it.

Yeah, I know I don't have that ability.
I made a post above about it being a moderator feature. I've been a moderator since we moved over to this board back in like 06 so I didn't realize it wasn't a standard feature. My other posts have been edited to fix it. Again - I apologize. I thought I was doing something that was accessible to everyone.
By LUDad
Having only one user name, I really hate it when I am about certain I am defending a position against one person who is using several alaises.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:So it looks like that feature is a moderator only feature. I didn't realize that. I apologize for doing that and have edited the posts to take away what I had said since it's a privacy issue.
I've run a forum like this for over 20 years. Admin can access everything. Including private messages. Beware :!: :!: :twisted:

One click and he can see every user id you use from your IP address.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:So it looks like that feature is a moderator only feature. I didn't realize that. I apologize for doing that and have edited the posts to take away what I had said since it's a privacy issue.
I've run a forum like this for over 20 years. Admin can access everything. Including private messages. Beware :!: :!: :twisted:

I know of no way that anybody with admin rights that can access private messages. I also don't know how to see every user id associated with a certain IP address.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:

I know of no way that anybody with admin rights that can access private messages. I also don't know how to see every user id associated with a certain IP address.
All the forums I've run have an IP tool. I have had to use it from time to time to prevent trolling.

PM's are in the database, not saying anyone is doing it, just saying it's possible.
https://theadminzone.com/threads/admin- ... ble.15568/
By LUDad
Apparently IP's linked to user id's are available per the exchange below...

thepostman wrote:

Jonathan Carone wrote:
My assumption was based on you posting for the same IP address as WestPAGator.

As for my generic points, 2 and 3 definitely don’t apply to Toman.

And with that he goes silent...
By Jonathan Carone
It is possible to see users by IP addresses. Like Spangler mentioned, it's to see if/when we have trolls using multiple user names. We had a huge problem with that before Manson took over regarding a former basketball coach. It usually picks back up around the time of coaching changes as well.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:It is possible to see users by IP addresses. Like Spangler mentioned, it's to see if/when we have trolls using multiple user names. We had a huge problem with that before Manson took over regarding a former basketball coach. It usually picks back up around the time of coaching changes as well.
Only available to mods and admins and it should never be used in basic discussions on here.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:***crickets chirping*** as I hear no #fireGill comments coming with red hot passion.
#firegill

one game doesn't change anything. He was terrible again with his play calling and he can easily lose next week which he's known for after a big win. Idaho State is 4-1 tied first in the Big Sky.
By Jonathan Carone
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:***crickets chirping*** as I hear no #fireGill comments coming with red hot passion.
Because I respect him and the program enough to let us celebrate what looks like a really good win. My opinion of him hasn’t changed and it will take much more than one win to do that.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]