Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:We will never know but this information would provide banter for this forum for years.
Who are the ones that called us?
It's confidential lol
Maybe ballcoach call pull out some sources
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
He said "by end of next week", I hope it's before Thursday December 12. I go out of town for 2 days Wednesday night. I want to attend press conference naming new coach.
By CCWMichael
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:We will never know but this information would provide banter for this forum for years.
It's confidential lol
By CCWMichael
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
It's confidential lol
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
He said "by end of next week", I hope it's before Thursday December 12. I go out of town for 2 days Wednesday night. I want to attend press conference naming new coach.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
It's confidential lol
You would be surprised. (I do have a little info about this opening from outside sources), but every time we have a coaching change in a major sport, it is mind-boggling some of the people who are interested. We are a pretty big deal in the Christian sports community. All you have to do is look at some of our past coaches.
By cruzan_flame13
I know I'm about to mention something from another sport that's called football(not in the U.S), but is it possible to get KAKA as the head coach of the men's soccer team? I mean he came to convocation to speak before :D
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I have to put a streeter wilt combo in the cockpit for me. It feels like the best combination of integrity commitment brains and youth on both sides of ball plus connections to former players that have proven they can thrive and function here.

Beyond him seth litttell and troy walters are the next 2. Freeze i just cant decide what i think.

Huge no on singletary briles michigan dc and almost all va golfs remaining candidates.

Streeter wilt seems to obvious and checks to many boxes after a full days research.
By rtb72
By late next week seems like an aggressive time frame. It strikes me as a bit curious considering this was all a surprise. Is that timeline customary? I certainly thought it took longer than that generally. Just makes me wonder if someone was already aware he was retiring before yesterday.
By Class of 20Something
rtb72 wrote:By late next week seems like an aggressive time frame. It strikes me as a bit curious considering this was all a surprise. Is that timeline customary? I certainly thought it took longer than that generally. Just makes me wonder if someone was already aware he was retiring before yesterday.
I would be shocked if the AD doesn't have at least 5 names to replace any of the big 4 at all times. Additionally there are firms that exist for this purpose.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
A foreboding thought - what if they are serious about their satisfaction with this past season and where the program stands, and they make the decision to go with stability over splash and hire from within? :shock:
By Ewglenn
rmiller1959 wrote:A foreboding thought - what if they are serious about their satisfaction with this past season and where the program stands, and they make the decision to go with stability over splash and hire from within? :shock:
They won’t because they will lose fan support
By CCWMichael
rmiller1959 wrote:A foreboding thought - what if they are serious about their satisfaction with this past season and where the program stands, and they make the decision to go with stability over splash and hire from within? :shock:
That feeling if we do thaat

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I would actually prefer that but I don't see it. It seems that Falwell is going to be very involved with this process and I would expect a main focus to be on increasing attendance. Every game this year was met with bad weather except Idaho State, arguably our least marketable opponent. Even so, the school is just pouring too much money into football for that trend to continue. A hire from within brings stability maybe but doesn't get butts in seats.
By libertydawg
I would actually prefer that but I don't see it. It seems that Falwell is going to be very involved with this process and I would expect a main focus to be on increasing attendance. Every game this year was met with bad weather except Idaho State, arguably our least marketable opponent. Even so, the school is just pouring too much money into football for that trend to continue. A hire from within brings stability maybe but doesn't get butts in seats.
Attendance is a strange trend in football right now. NFL and College. I know at Mississippi State the emphasis has completely shifted away from expanding capacity and it's all about premium seating now. Boxes, club level seating, etc. Attendance for most games has been trending down the last few years at State and concession stand prices received a 50% cut in prices this year to help encourage those that think it's too expensive to go to games. Students also leave after halftime if you happen to be winning by more than 14. Just making the point it seems to be a national trend for some reason. Easy access to view online and or TV discourages some I'm sure.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am thankful that no Posters on this message board are on search committee. I can't comprehend some of the names being mentioned.
Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]