Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FSU didn’t really have a Strength Coach till Jimbo hired one. He’s loyal to FSU but if he doesn’t feel that being returned he could bolt. Wouldn’t surprise me
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Jimbo is not going to be our coach guys. Let's get serious.

And yes, I'm sure the decision was made more than a week or two ago.
Debbie Downer
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Who is debbie downer? Does she coach anywhere? I bet we could get her for cheap. :)
We don't need cheap, we need very good. 8)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
UCF's Scott Frost is THE hot name for all of the vacancies right now. The assumption is that he goes back to his alma mater. I still like the suggestion of his OC as a possible option for us should we have an opening.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know UCF is doing all that they can to throw more money and resources at him to stay but with Nebraska opening up it may be tough for them to keep him.

Everybody down there has pretty much believed he would stay unless Nebraska came calling. Now it looks like that may be the case very shortly. As a central Florida native I have always hoped UCF could break through in football. In a dream world Frost stays.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:UCF's Scott Frost is THE hot name for all of the vacancies right now. The assumption is that he goes back to his alma mater. I still like the suggestion of his OC as a possible option for us should we have an opening.
I am positive the OC has been discussed as a possibility, should an opening occur. I like the guy at UAB and of course Streeter if we could steal him away from Clemson. I am sure there are others in the mix as well.

Gill 4 Life
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I first suggested walters. Problem is if frost goes he would have to be the first option for ucf to replace frost.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think next HC at LU will be someone who has ACC, SEC, Big 12 or PAC 12 HC experience.
Ballcoach, when do you think this next coach will begin working at LU?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think next HC at LU will be someone who has ACC, SEC, Big 12 or PAC 12 HC experience.
Hope you are right, with a couple of exceptions.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I first suggested walters. Problem is if frost goes he would have to be the first option for ucf to replace frost.
That is not necessarily the case. I would be more concerned with Nebraska bringing them up as a tandem.
By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote:
jinxy wrote:I first suggested walters. Problem is if frost goes he would have to be the first option for ucf to replace frost.
That is not necessarily the case. I would be more concerned with Nebraska bringing them up as a tandem.
Nebraska will be busy picking up proven FBS coach Turner Gill. Did you know he was 4th in Heisman Voting?
By rtb72
Class of 20Something wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:
Nebraska will be busy picking up proven FBS coach Turner Gill. Did you know he was 4th in Heisman Voting?
That will go well with our 4th place finish in BSC standings this year! Aaaand....we won't have to SHARE it!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:
I’m not getting why people are mocking a 4th Place finish in the Heisman :dontgetit Pretty solid accomplishment to be in the running for it, let alone that close. Any LU player get that close? No? I get that it doesn’t translate into coaching and certain people think he is a worthless coach. But go re read the thread talking about LU’s mission. Is it really becoming as a fan base to continually mock someone’s accomplishment like that? Especially when you root for a school who yells from the roof tops about tying for the BSC Championship? You think Gill mocks LU for that?
As for him returning to Nebraska it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s let go here. If the rumors and wishes of Nebraska fans are true, it would make sense for Frost to bring in his former QB coach and Husker legend if he were available.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I see several schools are going after Jimbo Fisher. If LU needs a new coach, we should go after him also. I read he is unhappy with FSU commitment to facility upgrades, and support staff upgrades. LU is excellent in those areas.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I see several schools are going after Jimbo Fisher. If LU needs a new coach, we should go after him also. I read he is unhappy with FSU commitment to facility upgrades, and support staff upgrades. LU is excellent in those areas.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Yes. Captain Obvious changes uniforms and becomes Colonel Ridiculous. :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:You don't see this very often but I agree 100% with what Haize just posted above me.
The end of the world must truly be nigh!! I’m not trying to be a stick in the mud but it seems out of bounds
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I’m not getting why people are mocking a 4th Place finish in the Heisman :dontgetit
20Something was probably not even born when Gill played QB for the Cornhuskers, but I was at Marshall the year Nebraska played Miami in that bowl game, and I remember watching it on TV in Huntington like it was yesterday! Gill was a GREAT college quarterback and should be respected for his accomplishments on and off the field.

Has LU had any other FB coaches who both played AND coached in bowl games?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Was a head coach at bowl games?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]