Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:His postgame quote seems to indicate he’s expecting the call.
Why would you post this but not quote the quote? What did he say?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:Great man, indeed. We just need a different direction. If he goes, I wish him the very best. He deserves it!
Unfortunately sometimes you have to make a change for no other reason than to change the teams chemistry or bring in some new energy. Coaching is a tough business. If it happens I hope JF and IM do everything they can to land him a good spot.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
TG was asked a question about the game. He got choked up. There was like 5 seconds of silence, and then he said, This loss is on me. Then he said something like, I appreciate the oppertunity to coach this team. To God be the Glory. That was in response to the first question. Very heartfelt and classy.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:
Here's the full quote:

Check out @DamienSordelett’s Tweet:
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:
Here's the full quote:

Check out @DamienSordelett’s Tweet:
Thank you!
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
For those who can't see Twitter tweets... :D

"This loss is on me. It's all on me as a head football coach. It's all on me. Didn't do a very good job on calls, so on, and so forth. To God be the glory. I appreciate God has given me an opportunity to continue to do the things that I do. Today I didn't do a very good job, but I still give God the glory." ~ Turner Gill
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:Not sure this means anything, but interesting nonetheless. Flight en route to Lynchburg from Clemson.

View UJC11 on the FlightAware website - http://flightaware.com/live/flight/id/U ... 31-13-1-79
Nice find. So, Streeter is gonna be the guy isn’t he?
Wouldn't be surprised. I know he has been talked to. (In case an opening occurs) :)
BJ, maybe you can get to the airport and see who gets off the plane. Don't forget your binoculars.

Gill 4 life
Last edited by flameshaw on November 18th, 2017, 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
In some good news. the LU #9 just won the 2017 Xfinity Series championship. He has been on the tv for the last 45 minutes non-stop, they never even showed the winner of the race. Great job by Byron. Took the lead for good with 9 laps to go.
TONS of good pub for LU.
Not sure how I feel about seeing Dale Jr. wearing a LU hat. :shock:
Last edited by flameshaw on November 18th, 2017, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:When has tracking flights ever worked for a Liberty search?
But hey, it's fun. :) Not sure how I would feel about anyone without head coaching experience. Should be interesting.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:When has tracking flights ever worked for a Liberty search?
But hey, it's fun. :) Not sure how I would feel about anyone without head coaching experience. Should be interesting.
Dabo has plenty of experience :mrgreen:
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I will say, Streeter has more experience than I thought. I forgot he was offensive coordinator here and at Richmond. I would also say he had a hand in Deshaun Watson being so prepared for the NFL like he was this year. Not to mention, Streeter can flat out recruit!

Then again, it could be . . . Will Venables on that plane!!!
By Ewglenn
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I will say, Streeter has more experience than I thought. I forgot he was offensive coordinator here and at Richmond. I would also say he had a hand in Deshaun Watson being so prepared for the NFL like he was this year. Not to mention, Streeter can flat out recruit!

I don't get the love affair with Streeter. Venables would be my choice.
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I will say, Streeter has more experience than I thought. I forgot he was offensive coordinator here and at Richmond. I would also say he had a hand in Deshaun Watson being so prepared for the NFL like he was this year. Not to mention, Streeter can flat out recruit!

I hope not. Will has no proven track record in football.

Brent on the other hand would be a solid pick.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:

I don't get the love affair with Streeter. Venables would be my choice.
Streeter has a history with Liberty and so that aspect of the job is checked off right away. His offenses at every stop have been prolific and he would be great for developing Buckshot's skill set over the next couple of seasons. I like this quote from Dabo about Streeter:

“Listen, I trust Street. He’s a heck of a coach. That’s why I hired him, to coach quarterbacks… I want him to be in command of his room. I think that’s important. He’s got a great feel for those guys, especially where they are maturity wise, mentally. If something happens the first thing I’m going to do is I’m going to say, ‘Street, what you got?’ And he’s going to tell me and that’s what I’m going to do. And then if something doesn’t go right in the game you make a decision, but that’s why you hire these guys.”
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It’s safe to say if he is let go it won’t be via letter on chair :shock:
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]