Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
Sly Fox wrote:Coach on a Mobile. Good times but no thanks on another Aggy disaster.
Bob Rivers kinda stuff, absolutely love it.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Sigmo,

You are not giving IM enough credit on the scheduling. What he and his staff were able to put together was beyond a home run. It was exactly what we needed.
By CCWMichael
R i wrote:Sigmo,

You are not giving IM enough credit on the scheduling. What he and his staff were able to put together was beyond a home run. It was exactly what we needed.
Seven of our eleven games in 2018 are against bowl teams. WOW!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Without the politics and public opinion, I agree. But Ian nullified most of that and got us some great in state opponents.
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
I don't know what a good schedule should look like for us at this stage,just feel since we are a fledgling true D1 we would be attractive to teams that THINK we would be a guaranteed win. In state next season, ODU we have played before and we are paying them 1.32 to come to us. Norfolk State nothing special. UVA is a good pick up but we were in the mix back in the DR days. I still believe that the situation UVA is in now to keep their fan base happy and become bowl eligible until they get straightened out they feel they are just buying one of their needed 6 wins. LU may very well go up there and smack em in the mouth. I would love to see that happen. I don't know enough about IM to dislike the guy, just thought his response on the coaching situation was weak. That's why I asked people to enlighten me to change my initial thoughts of him. Until reading that article I had never given a flip about who the AD at LU is.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Start giving Flips Sigmo, and fire up the biscuits and gravy for ODU next year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As I said in another discussion, I would call it a long shot, but I would love to see IM and Jr see about getting College Gameday taking a trip to Lynchburg for an unconventional kickoff to the college football season on the lawn behind DeMoss
By CCWMichael
BJWilliams wrote:As I said in another discussion, I would call it a long shot, but I would love to see IM and Jr see about getting College Gameday taking a trip to Lynchburg for an unconventional kickoff to the college football season on the lawn behind DeMoss

I would love to see the odds on this and I would not take the bet.
However, nice dream.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:I don't know what a good schedule should look like for us at this stage,just feel since we are a fledgling true D1 we would be attractive to teams that THINK we would be a guaranteed win. In state next season, ODU we have played before and we are paying them 1.32 to come to us. Norfolk State nothing special. UVA is a good pick up but we were in the mix back in the DR days. I still believe that the situation UVA is in now to keep their fan base happy and become bowl eligible until they get straightened out they feel they are just buying one of their needed 6 wins. LU may very well go up there and smack em in the mouth. I would love to see that happen. I don't know enough about IM to dislike the guy, just thought his response on the coaching situation was weak. That's why I asked people to enlighten me to change my initial thoughts of him. Until reading that article I had never given a flip about who the AD at LU is.
Spent some time with him over the past year. I was in his suite for the first football game this year, spoke to one of his neighbors who has lived in L'bug for 40+ years and that was her first game. She has become a big fan because of him. Also spent some time with him at a baseball game and the LU scout day. He is reserved, quiet, dare I say maybe a bit socially awkward, but knows his stuff.
I have a lot of confidence in what he is doing and will do at LU. He has a pretty big mess to clean up, that he inherited from the previous AD, but he will get past that soon enough. His hands are tied a little bit right now because of this. He and Micky have done a great job of scheduling our football schedule.
He also strikes me as a person who is very straight forward with his staff, coaches, ect. I am sure they know what his expectations are. I am also pretty confident that there won't be any "surprise" firings, due to performance. When I was in management, I was told that if a person who worked for me gets fired, they should not be surprised by it. That is the way good management works/performs.
That is just my personal take on him, but it also reflects several comments from others, both inside and outside of the program/university. Not sure we know how fortunate we are to have him as AD. We will see, he has only been here a year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good post flameshaw.

I have talked with him 3 or 4 times, he has a better personality than some in the FOC, if you know what I mean.
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
The Biscuits and Gravy were a big hit that night. haha Did you catch any HS games this year, Nick is coaching at Glenvar and we went to more of their games than Northside.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:The Biscuits and Gravy were a big hit that night. haha Did you catch any HS games this year, Nick is coaching at Glenvar and we went to more of their games than Northside.
Glenvar had a good year. Right up until..... :twisted:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference the mystery airplane flying from Clemson to Lynchburg, a couple or 3 weeks ago, the "ball coach radar screen" indicates that it was probably a Freedom Aviation plane, on AREVA business. Had nothing to do with football.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference the mystery airplane flying from Clemson to Lynchburg, a couple or 3 weeks ago, the "ball coach radar screen" indicates that it was probably a Freedom Aviation plane, on AREVA business. Had nothing to do with football.
I.E. your sources suck
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
PH the team that i'm glad you failed to mention is good. They were overall bigger than any team Glenvar played this year. Glenvar had a couple good key play makers but if they were handled really didn't have any other top notch options. I actually thought Union would beat said unnamed team.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:His source said there was a Rocco/Streeter combination in the works.
This was also after his "source" said we'd hire a top 5 FBS head coach.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:The Biscuits and Gravy were a big hit that night. haha Did you catch any HS games this year, Nick is coaching at Glenvar and we went to more of their games than Northside.
I referee HS football. I had Glenvar once and Northside twice.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:all my sources came from "different directions".

None originated with me.

Don't shoot the messenger.
I was just curious if you had talked to any of your "sources" since it has become quite clear they were full of crap...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You could have owned up to it instead of backpedaling faster than Jeremy Peters in press coverage ballcoach
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
@Ri Cool, I didn't know that. I have two good friends that ref pretty sure you probably worked with them Joe Burrell and Paul Laprade.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]