Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Trump’s election had nothing to do with our transition to FBS. Nothing. Just stop.
This. Please stop with the Trump conspiracies.

and like I've been saying Streeter ftw.
By Jonathan Carone
BuryYourDuke wrote:Trump’s election had nothing to do with our transition to FBS. Nothing. Just stop.
But but but!

Also - when you claim Trump had something to do with the approval process, you discredit the work that Jerry, Jeff, and Ian all did to lay the groundwork and get approval.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Still not buying the conspiracy. And I love a good conspiracy!
In fact, the Silent Majority who wanted LU to become FBS knew Trump would be the only candidate that could pressure the Justice Department to help LU. Most of these people were LUO students in PA MI WI and OH. Since these are all B1G States look for an offer to be made by the B1G to LU just after Trumps re election in 2020
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Purple-Anon.
#PAnon
By LUDad
Purple Haize wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Still not buying the conspiracy. And I love a good conspiracy!
In fact, the Silent Majority who wanted LU to become FBS knew Trump would be the only candidate that could pressure the Justice Department to help LU. Most of these people were LUO students in PA MI WI and OH. Since these are all B1G States look for an offer to be made by the B1G to LU just after Trumps re election in 2020
Wow! The Trump Card has not even been played yet...
By LUDad
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Do we play Rutgers in 2019 or 2020?
Oct. 26, 2019 away. BTW, you posted in the wrong thread. This is the Trump thread...
By cruzan_flame13
LUDad wrote:
Oct. 26, 2019 away. BTW, you posted in the wrong thread. This is the Trump thread...
I’m seeing Our Next Football Coach for this thread.
By LUDad
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
LUDad wrote:
I’m seeing Our Next Football Coach for this thread.
Good one...Yeh, I think Coach Gill requested a break.
By Jonathan Carone
BRING ME LANE KIFFIN!!!
Jon opened my eyes back up to God, and ever since that day, not a week has gone by that I haven't communicated with him. I've now restarted my relationship with God and I’m using my obstacles to help others through hard times.

The best part about my spiritual rebirth, however, is getting to experience it with another person. My dad has become a born again Christian himself over the last three years, and I'll never forget attending church a few months ago and then turning around to see my parents at the same church service.
https://www.athletesforgod.com/lane-kiffin/page-1
By cruzan_flame13
It would be cool to have him as a head coach but doesn’t he have a longer contract with FAU? I liked the fact that he stated this in this article:
With some kids in the past, they have been told their whole life that they're going to the NFL, and they think it's going to solve every problem...if I make it to the NFL I can buy people these things, and buy this house and this car.

Here's the problem: none of that stuff is really ours. We’re really just renting it. Everything we own really belongs to God, we are just renting it, and when we die those things are going to become somebody else's possessions. And none of that stuff matters.
Something an athletic student should take in and placed as their major priority and not the get rich quick scheme of the NFL which is so limited.
By socal_flame
I've gone to USC games for years but never went when Kiffin was the coach. I couldn't stand the guy. This article definitely makes me rethink my thoughts on him and it would be a great hire. I think he'll go to a P5 program though.
By Matt Hunter
The more I think about what kind of coach Liberty needs if they ever decide to move on from TG (I’m neutral on the issue for now and can see the arguments for both keeping and letting Gill go after this season) the more I believe that we need a young, up and coming coach with proven FBS experience. Gotta be a guy with a personality that fits the Liberty mold. As I’m thinking about guys who fit this mold, Kliff Kingsbury is a guy that comes to mind. I know he’s had his ups and downs at Texas Tech, but he’s got a proven track record (especially with QB development/success), he’s young, and he’s got a good personality that could be super marketable for the Liberty brand. I’m not sure if we could pull Kingsbury, but he’s on the hotseat at Texas Tech and a place like Liberty (if fully committed to him) could be super appealing to him (with their scheduling, facilities, assets, commitment to athletics, and potential as a faith-based independent) as a place for him to establish himself and build a program.....interesting thought for sure.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Matt Hunter wrote:The more I think about what kind of coach Liberty needs if they ever decide to move on from TG (I’m neutral on the issue for now and can see the arguments for both keeping and letting Gill go after this season) the more I believe that we need a young, up and coming coach with proven FBS experience. Gotta be a guy with a personality that fits the Liberty mold. As I’m thinking about guys who fit this mold, Kliff Kingsbury is a guy that comes to mind. I know he’s had his ups and downs at Texas Tech, but he’s got a proven track record (especially with QB development/success), he’s young, and he’s got a good personality that could be super marketable for the Liberty brand. I’m not sure if we could pull Kingsbury, but he’s on the hotseat at Texas Tech and a place like Liberty (if fully committed to him) could be super appealing to him (with their scheduling, facilities, assets, commitment to athletics, and potential as a faith-based independent) as a place for him to establish himself and build a program.....interesting thought for sure.
I believe we need an established name or an up and coming assistant with a dynamic personality. Don't know that we need a coach who is struggling where he is currently serving. I am happy that when we make a change, Ian McCaw will be recommending the candidate.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:We haven't even played a season in FBS yet and you guys are already starting to sound like the fan bases of schools who have been FBS for decades lol. I'm all for the enthusiasm just wan't to be realistic.
Being realistic doesn't play well here. :)
I was thinking the same thing.
By rtb72
Realistically.....TG would have already been gone by now in many programs. FCS or FBS, seven years of no visible improvement speaks for itself in my opinion. Every year I expect him to break through and start improving. I just don't think he can. We can stick with TG, that's fine, but do not expect anything more than what we have right now and what we have had the past six years. That's just being realistic IMHO.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
It's not a matter of FBS or FCS. TG has caught lightning in a bottle with a FCS playoff push that bought him more time than it ever should have. I'm thankful for the years he's given us but it's time to move on ... if you're happy with a bit of success every 3-4 years, great, he's the man. But if you have aspirations of longterm, continued progress? Not the guy.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
In defense of Gill especially when people bring up the Kansas tenure, the Jayhawks just won their 1st away game yesterday since 2009 and it was against central Michigan. I think the root of the issue is deeper than Gill's 2 years there.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:In defense of Gill especially when people bring up the Kansas tenure, the Jayhawks just won their 1st away game yesterday since 2009 and it was against central Michigan. I think the root of the issue is deeper than Gill's 2 years there.
Personally, I could care less what he did at Kansas, Buffalo, etc. I am a lot more concerned that we are no better off seven years after his arrival on the mountain. It has been time that we move on. TG is a great guy, but not the coach that will take us where we want to go and he never will be. As someone else said, he is just too nice. And nice guys usually don't get it done. There are exceptions, but not many. Same with CEO's. The ones that put up the best numbers are usually SOB's and would slit their mother's throats for an additional .01 in quarterly earnings.
By Class of 20Something
tyndal23 wrote:Couldn’t help notice Kendal Briles offense light up AZ Saturday. No idea what his character is like. OC at Houston
I wouldn't touch anyone from the Herman coaching tree for another 5 years.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It’s been mentioned plenty we have no identity. I think our game planning is too defensive. Why are we trying to establish the run against Army? Because we’re afraid our defense will be on the field too much. So just as soon as we build momentum through the air, we run on 3rd & 15.

It’s too defensive.

I would much rather solve problems through aggression.
By tyndal23
Class of 20Something wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:Couldn’t help notice Kendal Briles offense light up AZ Saturday. No idea what his character is like. OC at Houston
I wouldn't touch anyone from the Herman coaching tree for another 5 years.
He came after Herman left - Applewhite hired him - was OC at Baylor under his dad prior.
G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?