Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Bottom line, it doesn't matter who it is, as long as we get a new coach, the program will be better off. The sooner the better.
I don’t agree with the “anyone would be better” philosophy.
That is ok. I have enough faith in Ian, that anyone he would choose, would be much better for sure.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Bottom line, it doesn't matter who it is, as long as we get a new coach, the program will be better off. The sooner the better.
I don’t agree with the “anyone would be better” philosophy.
Consider the source
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
http://abc11.com/investigation-unc-viol ... s/3656640/

This kind of stuff is everywhere. I believe some of the problem is with Title 9 itself and some of it is how each individual university handles "problems."
In addition, I know of some universities where there have been females who have not complained, went to a university sponsored seminar on Title 9 and come out saying they were sexually harassed.
I have seen it happen in the private sector as well. It almost depends on the "hot button" issue of the day. As an example, U of Michigan now has 100 employees totally dedicated to diversity. They currently spend $11M a year on staffing just for diversity. A lot of other university's are falling into the same trap.
There is a lot of money to be made by the diversity/sexual harassment practitioners, similar to the race pimps like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
By gerb
cruzan_flame13 wrote:https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1563531

This is why the masses should not take heed information from the media before doing research for oneself. Based on these actions and accusations, lives are demished or destroyed. What will happen to these regents? Most likely nothing.
By cruzan_flame13
ballah09 wrote:Freeze made his connections already. Get in with Jr and you’re in. Briles isn’t coming here.
When you say “connections” do you mean his visit a few months ago for convocation?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Freeze made his connections already. Get in with Jr and you’re in. Briles isn’t coming here.
Yeah I was early on the Briles betting but I think the smart money is on Freeze now. Perhaps LU will now have a Fro-Zone?
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Yeah I was early on the Briles betting but I think the smart money is on Freeze now. Perhaps LU will now have a Fro-Zone?
Freezer burn
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Strong connections can be made in just one visit. All it takes is one encounter, and the seed is planted.

I think Freeze will be at top of list, if change is made.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Hmmm..thought this was interesting:

Same
By tyndal23
I would like to seem him on a short list - Graham Harrell - OC at North TX - FCA key note speaker in 2012 - great offensive mind, can recruit TX QB's ( TX HS football mainly play spread offenses at a high level ).
By Class of 20Something
My brother and I were talking and he brought up Larry Fedora. He is a coach builder in that three of his assistants are currently FBS Head Coaches and though he doesn't bring lasting success, he does peak programs in about 4 years. He is on contract through 2022, but another 3-9 season for the Tar Heels may end that early.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:I would like to seem him on a short list - Graham Harrell - OC at North TX - FCA key note speaker in 2012 - great offensive mind, can recruit TX QB's ( TX HS football mainly play spread offenses at a high level ).
My best friend just interviewed his dad on his battle back from MS this past week. Small world.

[youtube]7xnGpkx2fwM[/youtube]

Graham is indeed considered a coach on the rise with his Leach/Kingsbury/Briles-influenced scheme.
By tyndal23
Or just get Urban Meyer, Hugh Freeze and Art Briles in a bidding war to see which one would pay the most to come coach LU, ha!
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote:Or just get Urban Meyer, Hugh Freeze and Art Briles in a bidding war to see which one would pay the most to come coach LU, ha!
I see what you did there :D
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:My brother and I were talking and he brought up Larry Fedora. He is a coach builder in that three of his assistants are currently FBS Head Coaches and though he doesn't bring lasting success, he does peak programs in about 4 years. He is on contract through 2022, but another 3-9 season for the Tar Heels may end that early.
Are you a comedian? LOL. Yeah, who wouldn't want a coach who gets fired for not winning? We might as well keep the current staff if we are happy with that. TG can't coach, but at least he is a good man.
By Class of 20Something
flameshaw wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:My brother and I were talking and he brought up Larry Fedora. He is a coach builder in that three of his assistants are currently FBS Head Coaches and though he doesn't bring lasting success, he does peak programs in about 4 years. He is on contract through 2022, but another 3-9 season for the Tar Heels may end that early.
Are you a comedian? LOL. Yeah, who wouldn't want a coach who gets fired for not winning? We might as well keep the current staff if we are happy with that. TG can't coach, but at least he is a good man.
Not a comedian. You're just miserable and incapable of joy. Flowers wither in your presence and a general grim mood of a break gray world lie I wake behind you.

Realistically, we are going to get a high level G5 or Low level P5 coach. Fedora fits the bill. He got poached from Southern Miss after going 12-2 and getting them ranked in both the coaches and AP polls and has had UNC ranked as high as 15.

Maybe if you weren't so busy tearing down reasonable possibilities you could come up with an original thought of your own.

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]