Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Have_a_Gansett_2011
Every time I see him, I like Gill more. Maybe it's because it's been some months since this past disappointing season.

That said, what saves his job? I think 5-7 with a win over ODU or UVA (not likely) gets the job done.

So 2 FCS, NMSU, UMass, ODU would get the job done IMHO.

Thoughts?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hard to say what record needs to be, but I would guess something near .500. But then again, it could come down to vast improvement on defense.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Gill has always been a very likeable guy which has probably helped his cause but I don't see him staying around after this season but I'm almost always wrong in regards to our football program so I'm not the best source.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Regardless of three straight 6-5 seasons. It is hard to NOT be excited about where we are as a football program and the 2018 season. Turner Gill is the man leading us into the FBS era of LU football and I for one am thankful. Knowing that he is the guy walking into living rooms of impressionable young men brings a sense of pride because of how he loves our savior and our school. Even with all his faults in the X & O department, we are blessed to have him as our HC.

ODU week can't get here quick enough.
By Jonathan Carone
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Regardless of three straight 6-5 seasons. It is hard to NOT be excited about where we are as a football program and the 2018 season.
It is?
By TLocke88
Short time lurker. First time poster.
What is the consensus on the assistants? I believe they are just as if not more important in todays game.
Will the coaching staff be exposed on the FBS level ?
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
This thread is still going strong.

I predicted Turner keeping his job but I was expecting a change at DC. I'm just not sold on the coaching of this bunch. I think they recruit well but they don't adjust well.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TLocke88 wrote:Short time lurker. First time poster.
What is the consensus on the assistants? I believe they are just as if not more important in todays game.
I believe the coaching staff has already been exposed at the FCS level.
By TLocke88
flameshaw wrote:

That's what I thought as well.
I was looking at some of the up and coming coaches in the country. Blake Anderson and Phillip Montgomery (has a history with McCaw since he was Baylor's OC) seem interesting.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
By conference play coaches have all the tape they need on Liberty.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:
flameshaw wrote:
By conference play coaches have all the tape they need on Liberty.
What Conference?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:I'm talking about the past. Come on, purple.
Why you livin in the past, bro? :D
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Yeah, we are big time now!
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
By the North Texas game coaches will have all the tape they need on Liberty. :mrgreen:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference importance of assistants, they are very important, more so than HC on game day. On game day HC basically decides on TOs, whether to go for it on 4th down, kick FG, etc. OC and DC run the game.
By Ewglenn
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference importance of assistants, they are very important, more so than HC on game day. On game day HC basically decides on TOs, whether to go for it on 4th down, kick FG, etc. OC and DC run the game.
The OC and DC for the most part are the drivers. However, a stubborn HC often is the one to blame when teams are struggling.
By cruzan_flame13
It seems like Hugh Freeze had another opportunity to be OC at LSU as well before the SEC neglected him. It’s kind of sad that they’ll do that to a man who admitted his actions when so many other SEC schools do similar things and it’s swept under the rug. In a good way this can definitely be an opportunity for Freeze to look into a non-P5 school, start over and prove himself by creating a dominant program in the future. Now it doesn’t have to be us (it would be interesting if it is us), but I was would like to see Freeze succeed and expose how God is a merciful and gracious God who forgives returns his children for His purpose.

On another note, I believe Gill knows he’s in hot water(which has been stated before, especially by flameshaw). He may not have realized it before but how long do we believe JLFJR will accept a terrible or mediocre football team in the FBS? The best is yet to come.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]