Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Let's hope we don't back into the playoffs. We don't need to embarrass ourselves further with a first-round playoff blowout.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So this is a team that actually cares? I'd hate to see how bad they would be if they didn't care at all.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
(shoots spitball at ceiling)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I think we are all speechless after this unbelieveable day.
Speak for yourself. I have plenty I want to say. This program is way worse than I wanted to admit. Our athletic department is clearly more dysfunctional than we realized and our schools president is going to work for a racist and is dragging my school's name in the mud while claiming to be progressing "conservative values"

In the 13 years I have been associated with Liberty this had been the absolutely worst.

But I'm sure you and PH have some kool aid sipping to do. So I'll let you two have at it :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TerraCottaGamer wrote:Anyone else need more evidence that Turner Gill must be fired?
His daughter does I'm sure.

She'll be hitting campus soon with a petition to get her dad rehired. 8)
By Dalegarz1
For the past 16 years, I've followed LU athletics closely. All 3 of our children graduated from LU and one still works there. I am as disappointed as the rest of you. It breaks my heart to see us lose games by a wide margin and lose our composure along the way. Having said this, I remain optimistic about the future. After all, this all happens under the sovereignty of God who has a plan for this university. Nobody said it would be easy and there wouldn't be challenges and discipline along the way. We can chose the attitude of Caleb who trusted in God and was not shaken by worldly circumstances or we can go the route of Caleb's associates who stood trembling at, what seemed to be, major obstacles. We may disagree about the methods and people involved but, it is still a great university with a foundation which cannot be destroyed. I see LU athletics thriving in the future. MBB, BB and SB are going to have very successful seasons (my prediction) and football will rebound.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Disappointing to have a great freshman QB, good receivers and running backs, excellent defensive backs .... and then two broken, injury riddle lines.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:For the past 16 years, I've followed LU athletics closely. All 3 of our children graduated from LU and one still works there. I am as disappointed as the rest of you. It breaks my heart to see us lose games by a wide margin and lose our composure along the way. Having said this, I remain optimistic about the future. After all, this all happens under the sovereignty of God who has a plan for this university. Nobody said it would be easy and there wouldn't be challenges and discipline along the way. We can chose the attitude of Caleb who trusted in God and was not shaken by worldly circumstances or we can go the route of Caleb's associates who stood trembling at, what seemed to be, major obstacles. We may disagree about the methods and people involved but, it is still a great university with a foundation which cannot be destroyed. I see LU athletics thriving in the future. MBB, BB and SB are going to have very successful seasons (my prediction) and football will rebound.
Thanks for this.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Speak for yourself. I have plenty I want to say. This program is way worse than I wanted to admit. Our athletic department is clearly more dysfunctional than we realized and our schools president is going to work for a racist and is dragging my school's name in the mud while claiming to be progressing "conservative values"

In the 13 years I have been associated with Liberty this had been the absolutely worst.

But I'm sure you and PH have some kool aid sipping to do. So I'll let you two have at it :lol:
Other than saying Trump is racist there's not much to disagree with
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:For the past 16 years, I've followed LU athletics closely. All 3 of our children graduated from LU and one still works there. I am as disappointed as the rest of you. It breaks my heart to see us lose games by a wide margin and lose our composure along the way. Having said this, I remain optimistic about the future. After all, this all happens under the sovereignty of God who has a plan for this university. Nobody said it would be easy and there wouldn't be challenges and discipline along the way. We can chose the attitude of Caleb who trusted in God and was not shaken by worldly circumstances or we can go the route of Caleb's associates who stood trembling at, what seemed to be, major obstacles. We may disagree about the methods and people involved but, it is still a great university with a foundation which cannot be destroyed. I see LU athletics thriving in the future. MBB, BB and SB are going to have very successful seasons (my prediction) and football will rebound.
#jesusjuke
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:

Other than saying Trump is racist there's not much to disagree with
Its ok, you can be wrong on one thing

:)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Thanks. I'll let you know when that Is!
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports ... 61308.html

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports ... 87198.html

Reading the articles from the Myrtle Beach press about this last game in the Liberty-CCU rivalry makes me realize how naive I am about our players. I expect them to play hard and be competitive, but I also expect them to be gracious, win or lose, and display exemplary sportsmanship because that brings honor to Christ. If what the CCU coach and players say is true, we've been anything but honorable on the field of play against them, and I'm sure this public university scoffs at our "Training Champions for Christ" motto.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like Uncle Joe is still mad about that blocked field goal. Let it go, Joe.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports ... 61308.html

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports ... 87198.html

Reading the articles from the Myrtle Beach press about this last game in the Liberty-CCU rivalry makes me realize how naive I am about our players. I expect them to play hard and be competitive, but I also expect them to be gracious, win or lose, and display exemplary sportsmanship because that brings honor to Christ. If what the CCU coach and players say is true, we've been anything but honorable on the field of play against them, and I'm sure this public university scoffs at our "Training Champions for Christ" motto.
Uh, that's how football works. Every coach has a different mental approach...some tell their players to do everything they can to get into their opponent's head. From talking trash to passive-aggressive whispers at the guy across from you...players are doing anything and everything to get under the opponent's skin. The fact that Joe, of all people, would complain about that is actually kind of hilarious.
By Dirty 30
Did Joe see more than half of his team went straight to the locker room after the game and didn't shake hands? He is talking about Sportsmanship? His Motto is BAM, Be A Man. A man shakes hands after the game! He is a joke. Money got him that job. I am eager to see how CCU performs starting next year when he doesn't have Bennett's recruits and has to recruit himself. Man doesn't even show up for Official visits with recruits and you have to set up an appointment to see him-players, staff, ANYONE! GIVE ME A BREAK!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:As sour as I am on this program right now, Moglia is such a piece of garbage. Sorry. He's been whining since the blocked field goal and hasn't stopped. Well, except for when they were begging us to fill out their schedule for this season. Now he wants to crap all over us again.

Guys like him think we should be really nice, suck at football, and get out of his way. We ran into that all the time in hockey. I won't miss CCU's passive aggressive shots at Liberty, that's for sure. Enjoy your 5k crowds in the Sun Belt.
:clapping :clapping
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Dont worry moglia will get fired in a few years too. That program will crash and burn in the sunbelt. They have played the most cream puff schedules of any so called top 25 team over the last few years. All in front of an empty stadium too.
By Jonathan Carone
BuryYourDuke wrote:Guys like him think we should be really nice
I think our football teams have gotten overhyped playing Coastal at times, but that statement is so true. If we celebrate at all, even in reasonable ways, many people flip out and think we are doing something horrible.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

It’s the common conversation on here. Trash[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]