Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Liberty gets an auto bid if Kennesaw State beats Charleston Southern Saturday. CSU is 8.5 point favorite in that game.

Is there a scenario that Liberty gets an at Large bid with a victory over Coastal Carolina Tonight?
Craig Haley Projections at : https://goo.gl/jKF5CU
Moved In: Maine (6-4), Wofford (7-3)
Dropped Out: Montana (6-4), New Hampshire (6-4)
On the Bubble: Fordham (7-3), Illinois State (6-5), Montana (6-4), New Hampshire (6-4), Weber State (6-4)
Eric at nobowls.com sees it this way:

AUTOMATIC BIDS
North Dakota (Big Sky)
Charleston Southern (Big South)
James Madison (CAA)
South Dakota St. (MVFC)
St. Francis (PA) (NEC)
Jacksonville St. (OVC)
Lehigh (Patriot)
San Diego (Pioneer)
The Citadel (Southern)
Sam Houston St. (Southland)

AT-LARGE BIDS
Cal Poly (6-4)
Central Arkansas (8-1)
Chattanooga (8-2)
E. Washington (9-1)
Maine (6-4)
Montana (6-4)
North Dakota St. (9-1)
Richmond (8-2)
Samford (7-3)
Villanova (7-3)
Weber St. (6-4)
W. Illinois (6-4)
Wofford (7-3)
Youngstown St. (7-3)

BUBBLE BURST
Albany (6-4)
New Hampshire (6-4)
N. Colorado (6-4)
Northern Iowa (5-5)

NEXT FOUR OUT
Illinois St. (6-5)
Liberty (6-4)
Fordham (7-3)
UT-Martin (7-4)
I am looking for some of the bracketoligists on the board to help me out. The way I see it, nobowls.com has Liberty as "Next Four Out" and that is assuming they lose tonight. What if we win tonight , and only have 3 losses. VaTech, Jacksonville St, and CSU ? With wins over Coastal, and Kennesaw State. Seems like we are in the discussion with a win tonight. What teams need to lose this weekend to increase our at large bit chances ? What say you ?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I would be shocked if we get in even with a Coastal win but the field overall is pretty weak this year so that may work to our advantage.

I still would have a hard time being excited but who am I kidding it would be the playoffs and it would be impossible for me to be a little excited come game day.

With that said we aren't going to win tonight so it isn't worth even talking about unless we completely change our focus.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
FCS STATS had an asterisks that denoted us as the automatic qualifier. An oversight on their part I believe. Or possibly they think KSU will beat CSU.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
R i wrote:FCS STATS had an asterisks that denoted us as the automatic qualifier. An oversight on their part I believe. Or possibly they think KSU will beat CSU.
They do their projections if the season ended today, and as of right now, we are in 1st place in the Big South. We're 4-1, CSU & KSU are 3-1.
By ericlc72
thepostman wrote:I would be shocked if we get in even with a Coastal win but the field overall is pretty weak this year so that may work to our advantage.

I still would have a hard time being excited but who am I kidding it would be the playoffs and it would be impossible for me to be a little excited come game day.

With that said we aren't going to win tonight so it isn't worth even talking about unless we completely change our focus.
Can I quote you on that? ;-).
Hope to see you there cheering them on tonight. I will be there wearing red.
By Jonathan Carone
R i wrote:FCS STATS had an asterisks that denoted us as the automatic qualifier. An oversight on their part I believe. Or possibly they think KSU will beat CSU.
Ha. That makes the team promoting the projection even funnier.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
With a little research, some of the games to keep an eye on.

Maine vs. New Hampshire. - Charles Haley has Maine in and New Hampshire out. Eric has both in. So I would think LU fans would want Maine to win this game handily.

Wofford vs VMI - LU could use some help from our friends up in Lexington. If they could go into Spartansburg and give the terriers another Loss it would likely burst their bubble.

Montana vs Montana State - In state Rivalry game , Montana state does not get in at all , however they have a chance at potentially ending Montana's season .

Cal Poly vs Northern Colorado - Two 6-4 teams, similar to the situation with the CAA, if Northern Colorado wins, they are in, if Cal Poly wins, they are still on the bubble.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ericlc72 wrote:
thepostman wrote:I would be shocked if we get in even with a Coastal win but the field overall is pretty weak this year so that may work to our advantage.

Can I quote you on that? ;-).
Hope to see you there cheering them on tonight. I will be there wearing red.
Sure. I hope I am dead wrong.

I won't be at the game but I'll be watching from DC
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU has 0 chance of an At Large
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Damien weighs in here : https://goo.gl/m1x88T
Some Highlights from his break down:

Damien has LU getting the auto. I am sure this is based on current standings like FCS STATS.

He has these teams getting at Large bids:

CAA : Richmond, Villanova, Maine, Albany
Big Sky : Cal Poly
Big South : None
Missouri Valley : North Dakota State, Youngstown State, Western Illinois
Southern: Chattanooga, Samford, Wofford
Southland: Sam Houston State
By rjhenz
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Damien weighs in here : https://goo.gl/m1x88T
Some Highlights from his break down:

Damien has LU getting the auto. I am sure this is based on current standings like FCS STATS.

He has these teams getting at Large bids:

CAA : Richmond, Villanova, Maine, Albany
Big Sky : Cal Poly
Big South : None
Missouri Valley : North Dakota State, Youngstown State, Western Illinois
Southern: Chattanooga, Samford, Wofford
Southland: Sam Houston State
He has KSU beating CSU. But he based that on CSU not having their QB because of getting hurt in the LU game.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Duke has been breaking it down several times this year. He and Damien disagree on several teams. Find his break down here:

https://goo.gl/6gWu5v
Highlights from Duke's breakdown :

Big Sky : AT-LARGE:North Dakota (8-0, 9-2)^ ,Weber State (5-2, 6-4), Cal Poly (4-3, 6-4)

CAA : AT-LARGE: Richmond (5-2, 8-2)^ Villanova (5-2, 7-3)^ Maine (5-2, 6-4) New Hampshire (5-2, 6-4)

MISSOURI VALLEY : AT-LARGE: North Dakota State (6-1, 9-1)^ Youngstown State (5-2, 7-3)^ Western Illinois (3-4, 6-4)

SOUTHERN : AT-LARGE: Chattanooga (6-2, 8-2)^ Samford (5-2, 7-3) Wofford (5-2, 7-3)

SOUTHLAND : AT-LARGE: Central Arkansas (6-0, 7-1)^
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
But what is important to LU fans is that they have 0 chance of an At Large bid
By Jonathan Carone
I'm torn about the playoffs. I legitimately think we need a change in staffs because I think we've hit our ceiling with the current staff. That said, I don't know how you make that move if we back into the playoffs.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Duke vs Damien Projections headed into the last weekend.

Big Sky : Duke has 3 teams (North Dakota, Weber State, Cal Poly ) , Damien has Cal Poly only getting at Large.

CAA : They both have Richmond , Villanova, and Maine - However they disagree about New Hampshire and Albany. Big games this weekend for that at Large spot.

Missouri Valley / Southern : They agree completely on these 6 teams getting in.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I'm torn about the playoffs. I legitimately think we need a change in staffs because I think we've hit our ceiling with the current staff. That said, I don't know how you make that move if we back into the playoffs.
If KSU wins and LU gets into the Playoffs you don't/Can't make that move.
If CSU wins you can entertain that thought
By LUDad
R i wrote:Liberty gets an auto bid if Kennesaw State beats Charleston Southern Saturday. CSU is 8.5 point favorite in that game.

Is there a scenario that Liberty gets an at Large bid with a victory over Coastal Carolina Tonight?
Craig Haley Projections at : https://goo.gl/jKF5CU
Moved In: Maine (6-4), Wofford (7-3)
Dropped Out: Montana (6-4), New Hampshire (6-4)
On the Bubble: Fordham (7-3), Illinois State (6-5), Montana (6-4), New Hampshire (6-4), Weber State (6-4)
Eric at nobowls.com sees it this way:

AUTOMATIC BIDS
North Dakota (Big Sky)
Charleston Southern (Big South)
James Madison (CAA)
South Dakota St. (MVFC)
St. Francis (PA) (NEC)
Jacksonville St. (OVC)
Lehigh (Patriot)
San Diego (Pioneer)
The Citadel (Southern)
Sam Houston St. (Southland)

AT-LARGE BIDS
Cal Poly (6-4)
Central Arkansas (8-1)
Chattanooga (8-2)
E. Washington (9-1)
Maine (6-4)
Montana (6-4)
North Dakota St. (9-1)
Richmond (8-2)
Samford (7-3)
Villanova (7-3)
Weber St. (6-4)
W. Illinois (6-4)
Wofford (7-3)
Youngstown St. (7-3)

BUBBLE BURST
Albany (6-4)
New Hampshire (6-4)
N. Colorado (6-4)
Northern Iowa (5-5)

NEXT FOUR OUT
Illinois St. (6-5)
Liberty (6-4)
Fordham (7-3)
UT-Martin (7-4)
I am looking for some of the bracketoligists on the board to help me out. The way I see it, nobowls.com has Liberty as "Next Four Out" and that is assuming they lose tonight. What if we win tonight , and only have 3 losses. VaTech, Jacksonville St, and CSU ? With wins over Coastal, and Kennesaw State. Seems like we are in the discussion with a win tonight. What teams need to lose this weekend to increase our at large bit chances ? What say you ?
Your assumptions are wrong. Next Four Out does not assume a lose tonight. Liberty's 6-4 record includes the lose to SMU.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Thank You for the correction.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If we win tonight and somehow get in the playoffs I realize that means the coaching staff remains but I am a fan and I want us to make the playoffs. I can't think any other way.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
A couple things get me pumped for tonight's game.

#1. An opportunity to give the beach chickens a proper send off to the Suck Belt Conference by winning.

#2. Whether slim or not, the possibility of a playoff bid is still realistic.

#3. National TV exposure.

#4. I mean, how can you not be pumped for the greatest sport in the world.

#5. No more election ads during games!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:A couple things get me pumped for tonight's game.

#1. An opportunity to give the beach chickens a proper send off to the Suck Belt Conference by winning.

#2. Whether slim or not, the possibility of a playoff bid is still realistic.

#3. National TV exposure.

#4. I mean, how can you not be pumped for the greatest sport in the world.

#5. No more election ads during games!
1. Absolutely agree
2. KSU win or bust for playoffs
3. Are you foreshadowing a streaking event?
4. When does the first cricket bowl?
5. We can all come together on that
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Purple, if there was a streaking event it would be as Trump says, HUGE!
Unless it was POSTIE. But he'd probably claim it was cold or he'd just been swimming
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]