Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Campbell joins BSC in football. About time.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Posted almost 2 hours earlier: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24257
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Good. BSC needs more football members.
Campbell actually has a decent overall athletic program, unlike CSU, G-W and Presby

I'm sure KK caved in to the relentless pressure from ballcoach, lined up Notre Dame as a replacement if they turned it down, and then gave Campbell the "play football with us or leave" ultimatum

Or maybe not :roll:
Last edited by olldflame on November 15th, 2016, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Jonathan Carone
They won't be full scholarship til 2020 at the earliest so, if things continue the way they're going, 2019.
By Wvflame2013
Jonathan Carone wrote:They won't be full scholarship til 2020 at the earliest so, if things continue the way they're going, 2019.
Yepp, looks about right.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:He did give them the ultimatum.
I'll take your word for it

This is the one case where something like this made sense because they were already playing football and had not made it a secret that they had the resources to go scholarship when the timing was right Things were not going well for them in the Pioneer To draw athletes with anything resembling FCS talent without scholarships, you need to have something else really special to offer San Diego has that, and has pretty much dominated the league and it's autobid So do a few of the other Pioneer League schools in different ways and to different extents Same in the Patriot Campbell really doesn't have that something special as far as I can tell I suspect they would have pulled the trigger on their own eventually, and probably in the next couple of years, but KK may have decided he didn't want to wait and figured he had the leverage to pull it off There was no replacement lined up, so in the unlikely event Campbell chose not to go along, losing them in other sports would have been a blow, but not a terrible one

Trying to give the same ultimatum to any of the current non football BSC members is a non-starter It's apples and oranges Nobody else is near ready, and their is no line of schools with FCS football teams to take their places
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]