Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:We did some research on FCS Head Coaches salaries

http://www.aseaofred.com/scanning-fcs-coaches-salaries/
It goes to show money doesn't equal success. You also have to factor in coaches being paid by other schools. I think Pellini is still getting paid by Nebraska and Mongolia is just taking what they are giving.
Kansas also supplemented Gill's salary for awhile.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Kansas also supplemented Gill's salary for awhile.
For a while, yes. But we still paid $750k of it.
Is that just this year? I knew he was in the 450 range when he first got here
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:If we do let Gill go, I would dare say we should receive a lot of interest.
I know Beej would be interested, but the question is if we would have interest from the right people.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
flamehunter wrote:If we do let Gill go, I would dare say we should receive a lot of interest.
I know Beej would be interested, but the question is if we would have interest from the right people.
Beej would have prototype behind him!
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Why would we pay 2 to 3 x what the average FCS coach is getting????

I believe we hired a search firm to assist with this hire as well.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:Why would we pay 2 to 3 x what the average FCS coach is getting????

I believe we hired a search firm to assist with this hire as well.
Well, at the time we were #FBSReady. So there's that.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'd be MORE interested in knowing how many FBS coaches are making LESS than Coach Gill.
By Neo
Cider Jim wrote:I'd be MORE interested in knowing how many FBS coaches are making LESS than Coach Gill.
It says in the article that Gill would be the 87th highest paid FBS coach. So, it's simple math from there.

128 FBS coaches, 86 making more than Gill, 42 making less.
By Dalegarz1
All this money-results don't come close to substantiate the dollars-LU staff employees with salaries that are embarrassing. It's all very disconcerting.
By Jonathan Carone
Related: I was worried for Jeff's job before seeing this, and this only makes the concern go higher. He and Jerry don't have the best relationship and Jerry has been budget cutting left and right recently. You don't gamble $2 million/year in football coach salaries and lose and keep your job.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
2 million a year and nothing to show. Unacceptable.

I realize that money doesn't equal success but if it doesn't you better expect changes to be made.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Related: I was worried for Jeff's job before seeing this, and this only makes the concern go higher. He and Jerry don't have the best relationship and Jerry has been budget cutting left and right recently. You don't gamble $2 million/year in football coach salaries and lose and keep your job.
Good point.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:I realize that money doesn't equal success but if it doesn't you better expect changes to be made.
Money doesn't equal success but it does equal expectations of success.
By Dalegarz1
If TG is dismissed, I hope it happens quickly so a replacement can be found in a reasonable time and recruiting can not suffer a terrible setback. If JB is also dismissed, then this could drag on for a long period of time.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]