Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Coastal Carolina University
Conway, South Carolina

CCU Official Site

CoastalFans Message Board

Joe Moglia
5th Season as Head Coach

2016 Schedule/Results
  • 09/03 - @ Lamar ................................................ W, 38-14
    09/10 - Florida A&M ........................................... W, 49-10
    09/17 - @ Jacksonville State .............................. L, 27-26
    09/24 - Furman .................................................. W, 41-21
    10/01 - Charleston Southern .............................. L, 59-58
    10/15 - @ Gardner-Webb ................................... W, 17-7
    10/22 - Central Connecticut State ...................... W, 33-25
    10/29 - @ Presbyterian ...................................... W, 48-17
    11/05 - Monmouth ............................................. W, 38-17
    11/12 - Bryant ................................................... W, 31-21
    11/17 - Liberty .................................................. 7:00 p.m. ET
    11/26 - Hampton ............................................... 2:00 p.m. ET
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:We win quite easily. Why? Because we are liberty.
That's my feeling as well. This game means nothing other than to create false hope for an at-large bid. We're world beaters in games like that.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Disagree. I think we get blown out similarly to JSU and CSU. I don't see the short week of preparation allowing the coaches to get the players up to speed on Coastal. Wait, so maybe they play on instinct more and actually do win this one. I changed my mind. We could win this one.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
thepostman wrote:We win quite easily. Why? Because we are liberty.
That's my feeling as well. This game means nothing other than to create false hope for an at-large bid. We're world beaters in games like that.

Yeah we always win the games that don't matter. However, I think this one will get ugly.
By Jonathan Carone
If Coastal had a quarterback I'd agree it'd get ugly. However, they're down to 3rd or 4th string and have brought in a baseball player for the scout team. They've been ravaged by injuries this season.

That said, nothing will surprise me. It's a Turner Gill team.
By therealbodoyle
Registration Days Posts
If you guys can't beat us this week, then there is no hope for you.

We are down to our 5th, 6th and 7th string QBs. Our 5th string QB hardly played versus Bryant so we used our 6th and 7th string guys. We had to get our starting 2b off our National Championship baseball team to come in and possibly be used as well.

Our top 2 RBs are back, but we have had to use our 3rd and 4th string there for the past 3-4 weeks.

On a positive note, you got Campbell to replace us in the BSC :shock: and we will be honoring our National Championship Baseball Team during the game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:And it'll give PH and his kool aid drinkers enough to keep on with their Save Turner Gill crusade.
The Hate. The Hate.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:thepostman wrote:
And it'll give PH and his kool aid drinkers enough to keep on with their Save Turner Gill crusade.

The reality, the reality!
You're new. You get a pass. Can you imagine being FBS right now with a huge additional seating section on the student side? That's what the :koolaid envisioned. It's why I am the :flamingdevil Potentate
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:You've been downgraded in my eyes.

Sorry man!
I'm still the Potentate. If you want to turn in your badge a chug :koolaid in a 3 some with Beej and Jon it's your business
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:You're so confused.
You're the one in a :flamethrower :koolaid slurping 3 way with Beej. I can see why you are confused
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:You're in fill Turner Gill and Donald Trump spin mode. I don't expect you to come back to the dark side
Trump is the Sith Lord of the :flamingdevil it just so happens that the interests of :flamingdevil and JR are aligned. For any more proof, look at all the :koolaid having conniptions. Soon all will be right again. Don't lose faith. Have your fling but don't lose faith
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Because we are still co-champs!
I hear that they are going to re make the song as next years hype vid. 'We Are The Co Champs'. Freddie Mercury will be proud
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]