Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Actually atleast 2 of the players in the last recruiting class chose them over us. A receiver and lineman. In addition i believe jaylyn foster had an offer pulled from us and ended up at gwebb and is killing it. I believe he had the pick 6 against us.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Gill has a much better personality than Rocco. I have talked with them both. talking with Rocco is almost exciting as talking with the light pole in parking lot.
Often times, the best coaches are the most boring coaches. See Belichick and Saban.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:Liberty got embarrassed at home twice this season. I can live with the JSU game, but to lose by 3 scores at home to a Big South Conference opponent is absolutely inexcusable.
Those were the only two home games I had a chance to attend this year. From a selfish standpoint, sad for me. It was awful to sit through both of those. Great game day/night, great seats, good crowds, terrible performances against albeit good opponents. As many mistakes as we made in the Virginia Tech game, that one was more fun and entertaining to sit through. :cry:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We played better against VT than we did CSU. Even though our total offense numbers might not show it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We played better against VT than we did CSU. Even though our total offense numbers might not show it.
VT played horribly against LU
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:We played better against VT than we did CSU. Even though our total offense numbers might not show it.
VT played horribly against LU
Not really. They just played a very vanilla game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
VT also played bad against Syracuse and Georgia Tech.

Other than the numerous 'false start" flags, I though LU held their own against VT considering all facets of the game. I have seen ranked teams come into Lane Stadium that did not play as well as LU.
By rtb72
TG's comments sounded like we had most of the season still in front of us. It's pretty much to late to talk about how we have to do this and that better. We have one game left that is essentially meaningless.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]