Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
Anyone know what's up with the number of suspensions this year? I know our kids aren't behaving any different than in past years, so are we just running a tighter ship than in the past? Is the team under more scrutiny from the University (see: Cam Jackson situation)? What's the cause of it all?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Who got suspended this time?

I am pretty sure it is the Baylor effect but who knows.
By Jonathan Carone
I don't know of any this week, but there was at least one last week. I haven't looked it up, but it seems like there's been at least one guy out because of suspension half the games this year.

The Baylor effect may be the best explanation.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hate it when players get suspended. They need to behave and abide by the rules.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like Gill is not messing around...I do think the Baylor situation played a role in that mindset
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Nick Newman was suspended for the entire game against G-W and Chris Turner did not start, but went most of the way "Violation of Team Policy"
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
This is one of the biggest reasons I am a Gill fan. He runs a clean football program because He cares about where they spend eternity and the result of that is a culture of discipleship inside the football program. So thankful for His Christ-centered leadership.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
JaRon Greene suspended for the PC game. Juwan Wells will not start, but will play due to a violation of team policy.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
WTH is going on?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sounds pretty serious to me if he's still suspended
By Jonathan Carone
At least the school didn't prematurely release a statement this time. Maybe they learned their lesson.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I really hope JaRon didn't mess up too bad One of my favorite players He always seemed to say the right things in interviews and come across as both intelligent and humble
By Jonathan Carone
There was a exual assault allegation on social media over the summer and nothing apparently came from it. It was one person making a claim against him.

I don't know if the current allegations are related to that but the suspension is for a sexual assault incident.
By Jonathan Carone
The guys tweeted a picture of Greene's picture/banner being taken out of the FOC. Looks like he's done.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Unreal
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Saw it on Twitter...smh...gone 4 games short of the end of his LU career...HCTG doesn't mess around, but it still is a sad situation
By Jonathan Carone
This was a university suspension, not a football one. Gill didn't mess around because he didn't have a choice. It's a university crackdown on any allegation of sexual assault.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Noted...but still...4 games short of the finish in his last season...so sad...to make this kind of a choice in his last lap...smh...
By Jonathan Carone
The action didn't occur last week. It happened late summer before school started.

There was a party.

Alcohol was involved.

The two people had sex.

She said it wasn't consensual.

This exact series of events has happened at Liberty multiple times a year for decades. Some are legit claims. Some of them are girls feeling guilty and falsely claiming it. We don't know what it was in this case but in today's climate, there's no room for error so the university has to come down on the side of the girl.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The alcohol factor makes determining consent really complicated There is no doubt that a female can be intoxicated to the point she is not able to give consent That does not allow for the fact that the guy could also be so drunk he could not comprehend that Stuff like this (referring to parties with alcohol) has always gone on off campus at Liberty, even back in my day, but it does seem to be a bit more commonplace now, and I'm not sure what the school can do to reduce it
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Or guy FYI.

But yeah we get the briefings constantly in the Air Force. If there is Alcohol involved it's best to avoid sex.

Then again these are kids so it's hard to get that through their heads.

Sucky situation all around.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My point is, to make a decision like that, knowing this would be his last go-round, with the playoffs as the goal, and now because of his decision, he is off the team and will miss out on potentially celebrating an outright Big South championship...miss out on playing in the playoffs...and additionally probably jeopardized his future football prospects (if he had any)...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]