Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
There's been a lot of discussion about attendance both here and on Twitter. I thought it'd be good to have a place that tracks this year's attendance to compare it with the past.

Average Game Attendance

2006: 11,127 (92.7%)
2007: 14,190 (118.2%)
2008: 13,146 (109.5%)
2009: 14,931 (124.4%)
2010: 16,215 (84.4%)
2011: 16,419 (85.5%)
2012: 16,318 (84.9%)
2013: 15,030 (78.2%)
2014: 17,016 (88.6%)
2015: 18,990 (98.9%)
2016: 16,376 (85.2%)

I'll update this post with each home game so we can track where we stand.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What year did Jerry announce we were #FBSready?
2015 was after a great playoff run
2016 was after a disappointing season in 2015 and a new cast of characters
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
My disinterest has nothing to do with the product on the field as much as it does my displeasure with the school in general. I'm just not going to blow a Saturday, gas money, and tickets for 4 at the moment.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:My disinterest has nothing to do with the product on the field as much as it does my displeasure with the school in general. I'm just not going to blow a Saturday, gas money, and tickets for 4 at the moment.
+1

I know other families who are doing the same this year. I'm disappointed to not be going to games this year, even with the team we have, but our decision has less to do with the quality on the field and more to do with the way our family has been treated by the senior leadership at the university.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
What year did we expand the the stadium to 19,200? Wasn't that Gill's first year with us after Rocco left?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
TDDance234 wrote:My disinterest has nothing to do with the product on the field as much as it does my displeasure with the school in general. I'm just not going to blow a Saturday, gas money, and tickets for 4 at the moment.
+1

I know other families who are doing the same this year. I'm disappointed to not be going to games this year, even with the team we have, but our decision has less to do with the quality on the field and more to do with the way our family has been treated by the senior leadership at the university.
My sofa is a lot more comfy than the reserved seats
Updated the original post with the numbers after the Robert Morris game.

We are now averaging 14,417 through three games. That's 75% capacity and is 23.8% less than last year.

We are currently averaging less per game than we did in 2009 before the stadium was expanded. And we’re only averaging 300 more than 2007.
Jonathan Carone wrote:Updated the original post with the numbers after the Robert Morris game.

We are now averaging 14,417 through three games. That's 75% capacity and is 23.8% less than last year.
2 observations of your observations
1. Is that percentage down from this time last year? If so its not good surprising. You had a team coming off the play with huge expectations last year. This year you have 0 expectations and new players. A 20-25% loss isn't surprising
2. Imagine how cavernous the place would look if they had finished building the rest of the expansion?
Jonathan Carone wrote:Percentage was based on last year as a whole. I'd bet it was a higher difference if I just did the first three home games. May look into that later.
I would bet you are correct. Tonight's crowd is pitiful.
Through three games last year we averaged 20,582 which is 107.2% of capacity.

To compare, we are down 32% from the first three games last year.

Since the Monmouth/GW losses last year, we're averaging 16,141 over our last six home games. That includes a homecoming game and a nationally televised game vs Coastal.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Through three games last year we averaged 20,582 which is 107.2% of capacity.

To compare, we are down 32% from the first three games last year.

Since the Monmouth/GW losses last year, we're averaging 16,141 over our last six home games. That includes a homecoming game and a nationally televised game vs Coastal.
I think the 'capacity' number is skewed if they've been at 107%. I remember seeing empty seats last year. Having Homecoming and a Nationally televised game will definitely skew your numbers as well.
I would be disappointed by tonites numbers. But put a couple of wins together, add in Homecoming and the excitement that I think Calvert can generate those numbers will increase. Not to last years numbers but respectable
The first two games of last year were the highest student attended games in our history. They packed in over 7500 kids and I think that side only holds about 6000 or so. That's how we get sellout numbers even when the home side has some empty seats.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The first two games of last year were the highest student attended games in our history. They packed in over 7500 kids and I think that side only holds about 6000 or so. That's how we get sellout numbers even when the home side has some empty seats.
Yep. And they had reason to come last year. This year is a rebuilding year no matter how they brand it. They need to stop the bleeding this year, which should happen, and look for the numbers to rebound next year
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He does have next week as well Kolzilla but if there is a change he will be a lame duck on thursday
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We’re not done. Expecting one more additio[…]

New Mexico State

Anyone have any idea why Yoder was pulled after 3 […]

As a fan I’d like to use this window of oppo[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]