Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

jinxy wrote:No I mean I know it goes on and has. It's just because there are more students than ever so there's more of it than ever. That's my main point.

Wbb? I had just heard that there was a couple players that let's just say we're more than teammates. It's second hand info so it may not be true but it was somebody that should know let's just say that.

As far as what athletics role is. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't like the fact that the feeling around campus is that athletes get away with everything. I also totally understand you will never have all choir boys and win. There's a happy medium there.
So you are embarrassed about something that may or may not be true

Every school everywhere that has Athletics feel that athletes get away with more than 'Regular' students. It's nothing new
College students are always going to make stupid decisions with alcohol and sex. That part will never change. What can and should change is how we approach it when it happens. We have to decide if we're strictly about behavior management or if we truly want to train champions for Christ.
Without question, the program I have the most confidence in being "clean" right now is MBB, which at most places, after football, is the one where you expect to see the most problems Ritchie set the bar very high from the day he arrived as far as what he expected in terms of not just behavior, but attitude, and he has not waivered in maintaining that standard, even though it has meant letting some of his most talented players go for reasons some may consider trivial This quite frankly makes what they accomplished on the court last year even more impressive
Look i get it. The point is there are 15000 students now compared to 6000 to 7500 during my time. Do the math

As for that feeling going on everywhere. We are not every other school and most people expect better.

I'm very confident in my source. That's all I'll say.
R i wrote:
jinxy wrote: I mean the Wbb situation last year was embarrassing as well.
:dontgetit
Apparently they had to put a 'Don't date your teammate' rule in last year if I can read jinxy's cryptic response
BJWilliams wrote:And Id be very careful with statements like that regardless because that's the sort of thing that can get somebody in a LOT of trouble...free speech or not
WTF? There is nothing to be careful about. Nothing said can remotely get anyone in any type of trouble. Put you Matel Rent A Cop uniform away and lighten up
jinxy wrote:Ah haize. I was drinking coffee when I read your smack down on bj. Now I have to clean up coffee ha. Thanks man.
I was going for go with Cop in The Village People but can't post pictures
Jonathan Carone wrote:I'm not comfortable that a school investigation led by non-law enforcement officers can conduct a hostile investigation against a student and claim he absolutely committed sexual assault when the actual police say there's not even enough evidence for charges. Athlete or not, that's a major overreach.
Title IX has a much less stringent standard of proof than the law. It's the way the federal statutes are written to afford maximum protection against sexual harassment, which includes assault.

"Does school have the appropriate standard of evidence for disciplinary hearings?

"Since Title IX is a federal civil right, the appropriate standard of evidence is a 'preponderance of the evidence.' This standard of evidence means that a hearing must determine whether a complaint of sex discrimination is 'more likely than not' to have occurred or 51% likely to have occurred. This standard applies for all complaints of sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and violence, because Title IX outlines standards for school disciplinary processes — not criminal complaints, which require the highest standard of evidence, 'beyond a reasonable doubt.'"
Jonathan Carone wrote:I get that. And I appreciate you posting it. But if Liberty continues their investigations in ways that threaten potential witnessses with punishments for advocating for the accused then we have a system that will unfairly kick guys out of school.
Junior likes men who take charge with women. They're football players, not pastors.
Looks like lawsuit is moving forward.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/l ... 25981.html
A U.S. district court judge has ruled former Liberty University football player Cameron Jackson can move forward with seven of the 18 claims in his lawsuit filed against the school and other defendants.
The lawsuit seeks approximately $100 million in compensation for damages to Jackson’s academic and athletic career, as well as to his reputation.
“Cam desperately wants to clear his name, continue his college education and, if possible, advance his football career. He's currently weighing all options available to him — including transferring to another school, or returning to the Flames,” Farmer wrote to The News & Advance via email.
after all this he might rejoin the team. crazy
ballah09 wrote:
“Cam desperately wants to clear his name, continue his college education and, if possible, advance his football career. He's currently weighing all options available to him — including transferring to another school, or returning to the Flames,” Farmer wrote to The News & Advance via email.
after all this he might rejoin the team. crazy
I think that quote is there to attempt to show no personal animosity towards the school, not a realistic option. By saying he would consider coming back could show he is suing the school because of the wrongdoing and not trying to retaliate. Even if he won the full judgement he would be known as "the guy who sued the school" not a skilled athlete. That doesn't really fix the reputation problems he cites.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]