Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

jbock13 wrote:
thepostman wrote: You are right when you say it doesn't happen anymore than in the past. In fact some stats show a decline which is great. .
So if that is true, how do we have a rape culture?
How do we get a lot of things that are purported facts but really aren't? Not saying this is or isn't but just labeling something doesn't make it so. I do know my Cousins Frat house is a lot more strict than it used to be when he was in school (I have a nephew there now). So I wouldn't be surprised but I don't know enough to make a declarative statement either way
Exactly Purple. SJW's challenge us constantly to prove things don't exist. Which is, of course, impossible.
I don't get what you are saying. There are unwritten rules in many segments of our society that have downplayed rape for years. That is fact. I've seen it with my own eyes. There is a reason why I have to go to several sexual assault training sessions a year as a member of the military because for too long it has been downplayed and when you do that you begin to develop a culture in which rape is ok which is what people mean by "rape culture"

If you don't think that exists you have either been very sheltered all your life, didn't recognize it or you're simply trying to be argumentative for the sake of it.

I'm actually not 100% sure what you're trying to do because you aren't actually using words. So there is also a chance you and I agree but because you aren't using your words I have no idea what you're actually trying to say.
I think you are saying that I'm saying rape doesn't exist. That's not what I said.

Anyways I'll shut up for now.
R i wrote:Mr Bock is tuning up his obviously rusty message board argument skills, its almost election season.
You missed me, didn't you :D
I wanted to give an update on this. There's not a ton of new information that can be said publicly but there's a little bit that we can clarify.

The announcement was put out by the University, not Athletics. The motivation behind releasing the names early and not holding off until a police investigation was due to a growing on-campus culture where "football players never get in trouble." It was released to send a message and quiet the complainers. There are people within Athletics that are actively helping the players to clear their name.

The school investigation is currently under appeal. It's likely not going to get overturned because the University is threatening any athlete with suspensions if they admit they were at the party in question. Regular students are being threatened with reps and fines if they say anything.

While athletes and students won't go forward with the school's investigation, there are many willing to vouch for the players if this goes to police or in the likely civil suits from both Jackson and Carrington.

I'm not comfortable publicly saying too much more about what's going on because it centers around the alleged victim, her character, and other actions she's done in the past. That said, from everything I've been told, it looks like the guys did nothing wrong legally. It's super unfortunate they're in this situation, but hopefully their names will be cleared soon.
The following is a statement from the family of Cameron Jackson regarding a criminal investigation conducted by the Lynchburg Police Department and Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney:
"Cameron Jackson was notified yesterday that the Lynchburg Commonwealth's Attorney will not seek any criminal charges following an exhaustive investigation into false allegations of sexual assault levied against Cam and his teammates.
Cam would like to thank the Lynchburg Police Department for the professionalism demonstrated by its investigators over the course of their two-month search for the truth. The justice system worked as it should: by prioritizing fact and accuracy over speed and publicity.
Under the current system of Title IX, it is far too easy to destroy a young man's life. Cameron Jackson is not the first. And, he knows, he won't be the last. That's why it's so important to exercise caution and restraint in dealing with these issues.
For Cam Jackson, the damage cannot be undone. He is comforted by the Commonwealth's decision, but his search for justice continues."
- Joshua Farmer
Jackson Family Attorney
Jonathan Carone wrote:Edit: Nevermind. He won't be coming back to play for us.
I saw that the school is giving him 48 hrs to leave Campus.
Which just leads to more questions
Liberty stated that they had found Jackson and another member of the football team responsible for violating the honor code and the policy on sexual assault. Both players had the opportunity to appeal the decision.

Liberty University rejected Jackson's appeal and has to be gone from campus within 48 hours.
http://wset.com/news/local/no-charges-t ... al-assault
thepostman wrote:I feel like there is way more to this story than what we know.
The school is up against a reputation that football players never get in trouble for anything. Because of that, they're holding a hard line on this one when most athletes wouldn't get kicked out for having consensual sex.
I'm not comfortable that a school investigation led by non-law enforcement officers can conduct a hostile investigation against a student and claim he absolutely committed sexual assault when the actual police say there's not even enough evidence for charges. Athlete or not, that's a major overreach.
Jonathan Carone wrote:I not comfortable that a school investigation led by non-law enforcement officers can conduct a hostile investigation against a student and claim he absolutely committed sexual assault when the actual police say there's not even enough evidence for charges. Athlete or not, that's a major overreach.
Are they claiming sexual assault or 'Honor Code' violation? I agree on SA but Honor Code is up to the School. Now his lawyer can make hay if the female involved is an LU student and not receiving the same punishment. Or, and this is far more likely, similar situations were handled differently
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]