Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to LU London. Congrats to coach Gill and his staff on what seems to be a massive commitment for the program. Looking forward to signing day.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hmm...you gotta wonder what was going on in the Lewis house after he got back from his visit to have him commit then flip two days before signing day
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
With the loss of this kid, it is very difficult to get excited about the present recruiting class. We may win the auto bid due to the implosion of CSU, but that is not something to be overly proud of. If our goal is to win the Big Suth every year and be national contenders, we have a looooooooooooong way to go. Very sad.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
What areas have been our biggest weakness? To me it's the line play. What is the reason for this. To me, look at the skill players we get. They all have multiple offers, most from good schools. Look at the other offers our lineman and linebackers have. Either none or crappy programs. We've gotten lucky on the d line and found some gems like Chima and then pulled a wells every now and then. lewis was this year's wells.
Last edited by jinxy on January 30th, 2017, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I admit I was a bit nervous about losing London to one of the majors with a late offer ... but not to Furple. That is a shocking turn of events. One of our semi-regular posters coaches at that school. Hopefully he drops by to give us the lowdown.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:What areas have been our biggest weakness? To me it's the line play. What is the reason for this. To me, look at the skill players we get. They all have multiple offers, most from good schools. Look at the other offers our lineman and linebackers have. Either none or crappy programs. We've gotten lucky on the day line and found some gems like Chima and then pulled a wells every now and then. Well lewis was this year's wells.
I agree with this. Liberty recruits very well at the WR and Secondary positions. They get athletic offensive and defensive lineman but just don't know what to do with them. Brown and Wells have very good potential. Linebackers have been total duds. Un-athletic and actually relied on walk-ons recently under Gill. definitely need improvement there. I fully expect Gill and Co to hit up the transfer market. They have a couple scholarships available.

If Liberty holds on with Stubbs. He would be ranked higher than Lewis.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agree. Stubbs is huge because we have needed a returner for oh about 5 years. Hes the most valuable recruit because he solidifies 2 positions including one that weve never had under gill.

Dead on with the linebackers. Other than nick newman im not sure gill has gotten any legit d1 lbers and i think newman was originally a safety. Maybe jaykyn mckinney though he didnt tear it up in his time this year.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]