Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It would appear that TE remains our top priority before Signing Day. Thirdgill may have left town without committing. But I am anxious to see where he stands once he gets home to his family. Fidel is playing hoops right now making it tough to make visits.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We have three offers left that we know of for the RE position
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bj. Wake up and smell the coffee bro. Those offer lists are not accurate. This time of year things are fluid, many of the offers and have been pulled and there are some new prospects out there that were looking at right now to fill remaining holes

Have to think tight end is at the top of the list followed by another o lineman and another db. Also might be looking at another receiver if stubbs commitment is weak. Troy is recruiting murray hard and richmond among others is trying to get stubbs.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Do we have any commitments that should be able to start and contribute as true freshmen ?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jinxy that's why I said "THAT WE KNOW OF...anyone that's followed signing day knows we have at least 1 or 2 signings/commitments that didn't get a thread posted about them or what have you
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
BJWilliams wrote:Jinxy that's why I said "THAT WE KNOW OF...anyone that's followed signing day knows we have at least 1 or 2 signings/commitments that didn't get a thread posted about them or what have you
Not true
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Trying to line up keith best a dB from Georgia. Offers from Kentucky Tulane and and eku I believe. That would be a nice tab for the secondary. Jackson looks OK but nelson and thirdgill are immediate impact guys.

Anthony Smith decommitted from Utsa as well. We were in on him as late as last week. That could change with Boyd's commitment tho.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Keith best is a legit 3 star safety db. He had kentucky miami ohio tulane and southern miss offers. He has legit size and speed on tape. Reminds me of chris turner with more bulk and pop. This would be the best group of dbs gill has ever brought in if we could get him.

On another note i wonder if we brought anyone in mid year. Roster still isnt up and neither is baseball for that matter. I wonder if this is a mccaw thing to not put the roster up early like we always used to.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We did sign two kids already (the QB Cunningham and Schultz I believe from FUMA) but I don't think anyone else is enrolled because I would think they'd need to be declared as enrolled or it's be an NCAA violation or something
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I'm talking transfers mainly. We always used to have a couple. Whether it's fbs or from lower level.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Losing Murray hurts. Manson do you know if the list you tweeted is comprehensive for visits? If so and both committ I felt like we want another ostory lineman
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think we won't know that until later...at least that's my opinion. Ervin decommited then ended up at Norfolk state for a year and then we ended up beating him when we matched up. Where did he end up anyway?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Losing Murray hurts. Manson do you know if the list you tweeted is comprehensive for visits? If so and both committ I felt like we want another ostory lineman
Those are the ones I've been able to confirm. Still working on if there are others.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man that's a big step down from Murray. Good work on best. I knew there was something else there. I love his game. You hearing anything on Gill Stubbs or Nelson.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:You hearing anything on Gill Stubbs or Nelson.
I assume you mean Thirdgill. This is just my personal opinion, but I think us not getting a commitment from him while he was on campus will leave us without him. I think Portland State is the team to beat here.

Nelson has been really quiet during his entire recruitment. I don't really have a good read on him. I think the fact that we are bringing in the tight end Jackson this weekend shows that we are likely to miss out on both Thirdgill and Nelson.

Stubbs has been the weakest "commit" I've seen since I've started covering this so intently a few years ago. It will be interesting to see where his NLI lands next week, but, until I hear something contrary, I'm thinking it will wind up in Lynchburg.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Right I agree and though the same on thirdgill. I meant Gibbs but auto correct got me.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I heard Stubbs is a lock. It's quiet because he wants a special announcement ceremony on signing day.

Holloway and Guillory (before he was kicked off) were late offers and they turned into 2/3 year starters for Liberty. I trust Wimbo.

and as for transfers. You won't hear anything until you see the spring roster or reported by their respective school. Although Gill has been rejecting a lot of transfer requests. Players that were interested in transferring to Liberty.

Lastly, getting the last official visits is huge. I believe we'll see a few commits on Saturday and Sunday. Landing Best would be up there with Lewis and Coleman.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Syracuse trying to get in on lewis last minute. I agree on best. As soon as i saw his tape hes a 1st team all conference type talent. Acl injuries are so common today and 95 percent of guys make a full recovery. No brainer move to me to bring him in.

Why is gill still turning down transfer requests? We need some vets to plug holes.

Quick question tight end wise. I know foutz is a rs sophmore and i know smith and coumain graduated. Was will johnson a senior as well? If so why arent we bringing in a couple tight ends. Jackson is going to have to bulk up to play tight end at this level. He looks more like a receiver.

Last visit wise i dont think donaldson or jackson have any other d1 options so i dont think thats a concern.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Kurt Warner has a son that is eligible for the class of 17. He has interest from 4 FBS schools and zero from BCS schools. How do we overlook a kid like this? He is obviously from a good Christian home, has talent, would probably prefer a smaller school (his dad went to N Iowa). Maybe there is a small chance he isn't good enough, but can't imagine that with interest from FBS schools. He plays WR at a big high school in Phoenix. Seems like it would be worth the effort to get him on campus, just for his dad to see the school? Maybe I am just too big of a KW fan?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Kurt Warner has a son that is eligible for the class of 17. He has interest from 4 FBS schools and zero from BCS schools. How do we overlook a kid like this? He is obviously from a good Christian home, has talent, would probably prefer a smaller school (his dad went to N Iowa). Maybe there is a small chance he isn't good enough, but can't imagine that with interest from FBS schools. He plays WR at a big high school in Phoenix. Seems like it would be worth the effort to get him on campus, just for his dad to see the school? Maybe I am just too big of a KW fan?
Led AZ in receptions. You would think this type of kid is taylor made for LU
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Another note on Kade is his rating on Scout, 247 and ESPN, which is 2 stars. I'd say not some scrub player especially with a couple reporting his 40 time being 4.5. It does seem like a no-brainer to us, but it could be that Gill did reach out and got nothing from them.

Also, anyone notice Liberty Football Twitter posted something around 9:30pm last night about #FlameGang17. . . not trying to read to much into anything, but normally that's a sign of good things to be announced soon.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]