Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They nearly doubled the number fo offers on Friday alone. The staff is really working it right now.
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:They nearly doubled the number fo offers on Friday alone. The staff is really working it right now.
Are you implying that we may have more scholarships!?!?!? Maybe the same amount that FBS allows :) .. Or am I over analyzing your statement ?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:They nearly doubled the number fo offers on Friday alone. The staff is really working it right now.
Are you implying that we may have more scholarships!?!?!? Maybe the same amount that FBS allows :) .. Or am I over analyzing your statement ?
There is zero relationship between the number of offers and the number of scholarships available..... zero.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Olldflame is correct. We may have 20 scholarships (hypothetically) but we may put out 40-50 offers to get those 20 commits that we want to sign come NSD.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jlread, to put it in perspective, we put out 119 offers (that we know of) to get the class we did for NSD 2016. No FBS, much less FCS school has 119 available scholarships. It's purely playing the percentages and that means putting that offer letter in the hands of as many recruits as possible in order to get the number of kids to fill your scholarship needs each year...and don't forget, you do have walk one that get offered scholarships as well
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Am I seeing this correctly? We only have 4 verbals with 2 months until signing day? That seems eerily low.
By Jonathan Carone
Two 6-5 seasons will do that. The guys we will end up with are currently waiting on better offers before committing to us. We've also completely flipped our recruiting staff over the past two years. Not having the consistency there hasn't helped.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
According to his Twitter Jayod Sanders decommitted from NCCU and committed to Liberty. 6'4 220 linebacker from FL
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
The kid may not be overly fast, but if you watch tape on him and then you look at his weight-room numbers you will see he is a STRONG KID! This kid is a steal with a high ceiling.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
looks like Liberty landed a few commits yesterday

Elisha Mitchall DT
Tyler Murray DB

there is a DT from Florida as well but I don't know who it is.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Getter done Paul R!

That should be 8 commits TG said we will be looking to sign 15
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Getter done Paul R!

Did Paul R recruit them all? Wow
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

Of course not, but considering the hard time some people have been giving him, I thought the RECRUITING COORDINATOR deserved some props 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Of course not, but considering the hard time some people have been giving him, I thought the RECRUITING COORDINATOR deserved some props 8)
So what role did he play? It's usually more of an Administrative role. So not sure what influence he really had. But good job scheduling flights!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Charlie III and Kettie got plenty of props for the good classes we had under their watch No reason it should be any different with Paul, and frankly the job is harder right now than it was a couple of years ago coming off a playoff mini-run
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Charlie III and Kettie got plenty of props for the good classes we had under their watch No reason it should be any different with Paul, and frankly the job is harder right now than it was a couple of years ago coming off a playoff mini-run
Did they? I grant I must have missed that. Different Recruiting Coordinators have different roles. Some consult with the Coaches or a specific coach but mainly they are Administrative Roles
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I believe mitchell had just picked up a norfolk state offer as well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It looks like they missed on a bunch of WR's which is odd
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:It looks like they missed on a bunch of WR's which is odd
Not really IMHO Our cupboard is pretty full at WR We only lose Shells and have McConnell who redshirted this year We also already have a committment from a 6'3" WR from DC
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:It looks like they missed on a bunch of WR's which is odd
Not really IMHO Our cupboard is pretty full at WR We only lose Shells and have McConnell who redshirted this year We also already have a committment from a 6'3" WR from DC
That's good. I was just curious because you'd think with a QB like Calvert WR's would love to play with him
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]