Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Is it just me or does the caliber of this class down from the past couple of years?
Maybe it is just my excitement level but it doesn't seem we are winning any battles with similar caliber or slightly better caliber teams for recruits this year. Hoping we are finding diamonds in the rough.
I don't see a lot of flashy pick up but I do see a lot of 'need' pick ups. These Linemen are exactly what's needed So that's good
I agree with this right here. We may not be getting guys that get the fans all hyped up but these are kids that hopefully can give us four good years whether they are redshirted or not.

Going back to what I said when JUCO or FBS transfers on the line was brought up before, I don't think that it will make or break this class as far as the linemen are concerned. If we pick one up, that's great but that's no reason to denigrate the kids we have coming in so far.
Last edited by BJWilliams on December 13th, 2016, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Easy. "Denigrate" is a little strong. Just like to see us win recruiting battles with good name schools. I am just a fan tho. Hoping we have great evaluators on our staff.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Apparently DJ stubbs committed. He was committed to FIU. Hopefully Duke or Manson can confirm this.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Well, I know that 3 days ago Liberty Football twitter account said this, " A playmaking wide out from the Sunshine State". Coincidence that you found this, I think not! He is rated as 3 stars on 247sports and hudl as well as there sources say he runs a 4.48 40. Nice Christmas gift for the team.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Looking for confirmation myself. He de-committed to FIU back on December 13th. So this makes sense.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
This would be fantastic. I think Gandy Golden is the next great Receiver for LU. Looks like having Buckshot is really proving to be a great recruiting tool.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think AGG may end up Buckshot's go-to guy. I hope he continues spreading the wealth in the passing game (even if AGG ends up his favorite)
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I think AGG may end up Buckshot's go-to guy. I hope he continues spreading the wealth in the passing game (even if AGG ends up his favorite)
I hope AGG is the only receiver with a reception next fall.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
We would not win a ton of games that way.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:We would not win a ton of games that way.
We haven't won a ton of games the last 2 years! Buh-dum-ching!
By Dalegarz1
Our "new" playbook must provide creative ways to get playmakers the ball. We have some receivers and at least one back (FH) who can be dangerous in space. There are a variety of bubble screens that can accomplish that nicely. The fakes off the bubble screen can give BC the chance to go down downfield.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Do TE's still play football?
By Dalegarz1
by Purple Haize » December 29th, 2016, 2:56 pm
Do TE's still play football?

Sure-they must be able to block and find the dead space on pass routes against a zone. They can be used efficiently to diversify the passing attack but are not game breakers (usually).
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jerry, Sr. used to joke that when he hired Karcher he brought the Notre Dame playbook with him.
I wonder if we have Baylor's playbook now? :fineprint
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Our "new" playbook must provide creative ways to get playmakers the ball. We have some receivers and at least one back (FH) who can be dangerous in space. There are a variety of bubble screens that can accomplish that nicely. The fakes off the bubble screen can give BC the chance to go down downfield.
Bubble screens, tunnel screens, middle screens and jet sweeps all would be good for getting them the ball in space
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Bubble screens, tunnel screens, middle screens and jet sweeps all would be good for getting them the ball in space
BJ, the Coaching Football class you took in college keeps on giving, doesn't it? :shock:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not Cider...if not, then yes it is...totally changed how I watch football
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I remember the first spring game Coach Gill had. We just ran the "Basic Package". We are still using it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Safety Amarii' Jenkins committed yesterday.
Confirmed per his Twitter

6'2" 195 Safety from Ocala, FL
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looks like he could be a big hitter
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Looks like we also picked up a verbal this AM from a LB. Trying to locate him right now.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I thought the same but it looks like its only 1 player. He just worded the tweet a but different

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]