Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

If Liberty misses playoffs, does JB dismiss Turner Gill?

Yes
40%
No
60%
By Jonathan Carone
This is off topic a bit, but R i is right. The Asa situation is when the Liberty bubble began to burst for me. I lost some friendships within the program because I was outspoken and questioned why we were handling it the way we did. Since then, with the bubble leaking, I've looked at University and Athletics decisions with less pro-Liberty lenses.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Asa ended up pleading guilty, so the faith Danny had in him was not repaid. It was a bad look for everyone involved, and a big reason, I think, that TG has a zero tolerance policy for this stuff. I just remember being floored at the time that a guy with a standing felony charge on him was being allowed to play. It's almost an automatic indefinite suspension anywhere else.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:Asa ended up pleading guilty, so the faith Danny had in him was not repaid. It was a bad look for everyone involved, and a big reason, I think, that TG has a zero tolerance policy for this stuff. I just remember being floored at the time that a guy with a standing felony charge on him was being allowed to play. It's almost an automatic indefinite suspension anywhere else.
I don't see what the big deal is... he didn't kill anybody. And to be fair, the Liberty Way doesn't mention the intent to sell cocaine or marijuana as a dismissive offense.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
The big deal is that if you're a member of the football team at any school, you're held to a higher standard because you're more visible, fair or not. Why do they ask you on job applications if you've ever been convicted of a felony? At your current job, if you were arrested on felony charges, would there be consequences. I'm fairly certain there would be at my place.

Weed is one thing. A drunk in public for pissing in an alley and getting caught is one thing. Those are minor, kids will be dumb kids offenses. But when you start letting highly visible athletes play on like nothing happen when facing felony charges, I don't think you're sending the right message to the rest of the student body.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I swear there needs to be a sarcastic font, pretty sure Pretty was being Sarcastic.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:I swear there needs to be a sarcastic font, pretty sure Pretty was being Sarcastic.
I thought so at first but than realized that this was very similar to how it was being defended by the Administration. Remember the Top Secret new as yet unpublished Liberty away that was being cited?
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:Probably does. Or I need more coffee. One or the other.
Sorry Lang, my post was highly sarcastic. In every sense of the word.

Edit: Your post was a refresher as to how bad that situation really was. I had forgotten about much of the details until now. Unbelievable he wore the Liberty uniform again after all that.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Yeah Im coming back into this after a couple days but it sounds to me like we are looking at two different things PH. Im talking about the G-W loss...this whole Asa thing is a different matter
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'd agree if he was legit let go (I'm guessing trott isn't happy because Toman wasn't fired). I still think that his seat only warms up unless we have a major downturn in record this year
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 90&TeamID=

Not what I'm seeing here. Now, maybe JB did fire him and they decided to play semantics with the release...but my guess is they had a sit down and he fave him the option to decide his future and he decided to move on instead of finish out his current contract and be sent off at that point. Being relieved of your duties and resigning your duties are two different things if I'm not mistaken
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 90&TeamID=

Not what I'm seeing here. Now, maybe JB did fire him and they decided to play semantics with the release...but my guess is they had a sit down and he fave him the option to decide his future and he decided to move on instead of finish out his current contract and be sent off at that point. Being relieved of your duties and resigning your duties are two different things if I'm not mistaken
You are mistaken
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Like I said, they probably decided to play semantics with the release from AC. Anyway, I don't think that I would see a connection between Toman's exit and the job status for HCTG. The only way IMO he is on the way out the door is if we have say a 4-7 season for example.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You would have fit right in on the bridge of the Titanic or on Baghdad Bob's press staff
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think the seat just warmed up in the last few days for every coach who has been around more than a couple of years except Tolsma, Thomas and Green Even Ritchardson's ladies really need to step it up this year IMHO I know there are some who think Green should be included, but let's be realistic Setting aside the long term track record, they tied for first last year and came within a last second basket in double OT of another NCAA trip Carey's seat is still chillin
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I think the seat just warmed up in the last few days for every coach who has been around more than a couple of years except Tolsma, Thomas and Green Even Ritchardson's ladies really need to step it up this year IMHO I know there are some who think Green should be included, but let's be realistic Setting aside the long term track record, they tied for first last year and came within a last second basket in double OT of another NCAA trip Carey's seat is still chillin
U
What?! Are you plagiarizing my post from another thread? :wink:
If you have been here more than 4 years your seat is now hot. Green hasn't advanced passed the first round in how many years? His seat is now warm. I think Dot and Tolsma are fine. Everyone else better at least win the Big South or your days are numbered.
Unless you publicly campaign for Trump
Or write a letter expressing outrage at independent sport websites
Or have incriminating evidence
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
:flamingdevil
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]