Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Why do you have PH on ignore?
flamehunter wrote:And how did you see the post above?
Inquiring minds want to know ha
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I clicked on the display post link so that I could get some context flamehunter. He has some good points at times but at the time I did it he was getting on my nerves twisting some things I posted and bringing things up that had zero to do with what I was talking about in some other discussion...doesn't bother him one bit so Im fine with that.

As to the discussion at hand, Hopefully Josh can get on the 90 man roster for the Colts and make his mark in the NFL. As to the fan comment...I take it with a grain of salt because fans have their own view of their team and it can color how they view things when it comes to new players. That said, Josh still has to work on his media game but hopefully his quick hook with the Giants is a lesson learned.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Still think he'd a great TE. It is too bad he has been competing for QB jobs instead.
I think the article makes a great point about the lack of mechanism to develop QB's like Thomas. It makes me wonder what would have become of a Drew Breeze it Aaron Rodgers in today's climate
By gerb
Jun 29, 2016 - Stampede Blue

"Woodrum was one of the top undrafted quarterbacks in this year's class and is someone to certainly keep an eye on, as he could be a candidate for the practice squad. With Scott Tolzien signed as a free agent this offseason it's unlikely that Woodrum will win the backup job, and it's also unlikely that the Colts would carry three quarterbacks unless they're concerned about Andrew Luck's health (and there's no reason to believe that they are). So that means that it could come down to Josh Woodrum and Stephen Morris competing for the spot of practice squad quarterback where the Colts can continue to develop him. At this point I'd say Morris might have the slight edge, but Woodrum is an intriguing prospect who could earn a spot -€” even if on the practice squad -€” with an impressive training camp."

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/6/29/1 ... sh-woodrum

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Still think he'd a great TE. It is too bad he has been competing for QB jobs instead.
Logan played QB his last 2 years at Brookville, but he was recruited by VT and virtually every other program who wanted him as a TE On arriving at Blacksburg, they gave him some reps at QB and realized he was better than anyone they had, so they redshirted him to get him up to speed He had that great sophomore year with a group of stud receivers, but it has been pretty much downhill from there I have a feeling this is his last shot at QB, and if it doesn't work out, someone will want to try him at TE He is just too big and athletic not to ultimately be an NFL player IMHO Great young man as well

Basketball was Logan's favorite sport growing up, and he could have gone to Liberty and probably played both, but it's hard to fault him for making the choice he did
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Logan played QB his last 2 years at Brookville, but he was recruited by VT and virtually every other program who wanted him as a TE On arriving at Blacksburg, they gave him some reps at QB and realized he was better than anyone they had, so they redshirted him to get him up to speed He had that great sophomore year with a group of stud receivers, but it has been pretty much downhill from there I have a feeling this is his last shot at QB, and if it doesn't work out, someone will want to try him at TE He is just too big and athletic not to ultimately be an NFL player IMHO Great young man as well

Basketball was Logan's favorite sport growing up, and he could have gone to Liberty and probably played both, but it's hard to fault him for making the choice he did
Hopefully his ego won't be as big as an ex Florida QB and if it doesn't work out at that position and he wants a career in the NFL he will try TE if offered
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Woodrum Released by the Colts
That didn't last long.
Not a surprise

I suppose we owe him some loyalty for some good things he did for the program, but I also will place much of the blame for last year's disappointments squarely where he wouldn't, on his muscled up, overblown shoulders He was as much to blame as anyone for the G-W and Monmouth losses, and instead of shouldering that blame like a true leader, he first threw his teammates under the bus, then tried to pull a Tebow and wrote a check with his mouth his game couldn't cash, and then threw them under the bus again

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm not a fan Part of me wishes he would have made a roster for the positive it would have been for the program, but I never really saw him as an NFL QB, and because of his me first attitude, I don't have much sympathy for him
By forbidden
Registration Days Posts
He gets ONE more shot, and then its off to work in the real world he goes, where he goes not sure, but at least one more team will bring him in either by injury or intrigue.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
I don't blame Woodrum or hate him for the way his career ended. I blame DJ Abnar and here is why...

Abnar - played in 11 games with only 73 rushing attempts with a 37yd avg per game with only 6 rushing TDs - He was not a starter and was overlooked all season.
No playoffs

Abnar - played in and started all 14 games. He had 292 carries with a 92yd per game avg with 15 rushing TDs - He literally carried us to wins again App State, CCU and JMU.
Playoffs + Playoff win

Abnar - gets injured halfway into the season
No playoffs

I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees the correlation.

In all seriousness, my heart hurt for DJ when he went down with that injury. He arguably made the biggest impact at the RB for LU since Jennings.

I hope Woodrum nothing but the best - hopefully he will have a running game like he did in 2014 wherever he lands.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Yeah I blame Woodrum. Horrible attitude and mindset from the QB can tank a team. And it did.
I blame Barber. Apparently that's the new thing to do
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:

Hopefully his ego won't be as big as an ex Florida QB and if it doesn't work out at :dontgetit that position and he wants a career in the NFL he will try TE if offered
And Logan is now on the Bill's practice squad, where he is listed as a tight end Whooda thunkit :dontgetit

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-sign ... 29814.html
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: Board index The Furnace Football
Colin Kaepernick. Why does he need to remain nameless??
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Because im personally quite tired of hearing his name and all the talk of blackballing and wanting to be handed a starting job snd all that drama that comes with it...
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Has he said he wants to be handed a starting job?

He should have a job in the NFL. There are way worse people in the NFL than Colin Kaepernick.

I get it. He didn't pay his respects to the flag. I think there are better ways to get your point across but at the end of the day I would much rather people take that approach than some of the other extreme approaches we have seen others take.

It is insane that his political beliefs have cost him a job. White Christians were up in arms when Tebow found himself on the outside looking in but Kaepernick, who is better and a solid backup, get blacklisted all is Ok?

Sorry for the want but it's really annoyed me lately.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He wants to start. He may not say those exact words, but he wants to be the starter wherever he goes. Of the 32 teams, i see 6...MAYBE 7 teams where he could beat the current starter. The question then becomes whether or not the off the field drama can be outweighed by his on the field work and can produce the desired results.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
if Kap had the skills and the ability to be a good teammate, he would have a job. I suspect he probably will be on a roster before the year is out, in any event. I wouldn't want him on my team though. Not a team player, regardless of his political/personal beliefs.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]