Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By gerb
Woody signed with Bills Jan 2. Two months with a team I think is a milestone for him.

"the Bills would have only two quarterbacks under contract for 2017, Cardale Jones and Josh Woodrum. The Bills selected Jones in the fourth round of the NFL draft last season, while they signed Woodrum in January after the undrafted rookie spent time with three teams last season."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... uarterback
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im not sure if Josh is quite ready to be an NFL starter but I agree pretty...I hope he can earn a spot with the Bills. If TT is let go or sent into free agency, if the Bills pick up a QB, theyll have no QB with NFL experience
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
This is probably the last and best shot that Woodrum will receive at the NFL. The Bills are absolutely desperate for good QB play. As they've realized, small quarterbacks with limited arm strength don't work in the AFC North. They need a strong arm and Woodrum could be that guy. With that said, I fully anticipate they will draft a quarterback in the latter part of the draft. One guy to keep an eye on is Chad Kelly who has an unbelievable arm but also comes with off-field baggage and an ACL tear.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We have been following the Tyrod situation very closely down here in Houston. Part of the reason why the Bills are consdering his departure is because the coaching staff supposedly really likes what Jones brings to the table.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You have to wonder if the Bills panic and try to grab one of the top 3 QBs on the board, especially if Trubisky goes top 5
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That's the thing though...5 of the 9 teams prior to the Bills selection likely need a QB...so if Im the Bills brass, Im asking myself, "do we wait for Watson to fall to us at 10, trade up to better our chances to get him, or do we pull the trigger on another QB?"
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have seen a couple of mock drafts and both have only one or two QBs going in the first round. Let's see how they look after this weekend's events.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I have seen a couple of mock drafts and both have only one or two QBs going in the first round. Let's see how they look after this weekend's events.
Yeah, it's a weak QB class. Not sure it's wise to burn a high draft choice on one. I do think the Kelly kid has the most talent. But he's also got more baggage than Zsa Zsa Gabor on a European cruise
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Mahomes & Kelly are the most intriguing to me. But I would hesitate to bet against Watson. There are no true blue chip QBs in theis class. Everybody will be hoping to finding the next Dak in 2nd to 4th rounds.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree with that sentiment Sly...Its rare to get a QB in the first round in the first 5-10 picks and they turn out well.

(Edited to clarify thanks to PH...)(snarky son of a gun)
Last edited by BJWilliams on March 4th, 2017, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I agree with that sentiment Sly...Its rare to get a QB in the first round and they turn out well.
Elway
Marino
Luck
Manning (both)
Rogers
Ryan
Palmer
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Smith
Flacco
Stanford
Kelly

Want me to continue?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:How many of them were in the top 5-10 picks?
Now you are moving the goal posts but Manning (both) Elway and Luck come to mind. You're the one who said it's rare to get a good QB in the 1st round
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I did...I was thinking too 5-10 but didn't make that apparent in the op...jury is still out on Wentz and Goff is not trending well
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Unless Woodrum makes some significant changes/improvement in his accuracy, especially with the long ball he is not going to be of help anywhere. I wish him well. I just don't see a fit out there that matches his limited skills. might be a camp arm
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I agree with that sentiment Sly...Its rare to get a QB in the first round and they turn out well.
Elway
Marino
Luck
Manning (both)
Rogers
Ryan
Palmer
Rivers

Roethlisberger
Smith
Flacco
Stanford
Kelly

Want me to continue?
BJWilliams wrote:How many of them were in the top 5-10 picks?
I'd add McNabb, Vick, Newton, McNair, Bledsoe, Aikman and Simms to that list. Collins and Testaverde are possible as well. Roethlisberger and Cutler just missed at 11.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Fine...I'll concede the point, although only Aikman, Roethlisberger and Simms won a Super Bowl.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Fine...I'll concede the point, although only Aikman, Roethlisberger and Simms won a Super Bowl.
So are you now wanting to go through top 10 QB picks who won Super Bowls?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Nope...just saying that while all of them did very well, only those three got to hold the Lombardi Trophy
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
the sad thing is that for every one of those guys, you have the Ryan Leafs, Akili Smiths, JaMarcus Russells, Joey Harringtons and a host of others
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]