Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I'm not going to pretend like I read all of this thread but I feel pretty confident this is a relevant point; no quarterbacks, regardless of round, have won a SB with the Bills.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Fine...I'll concede the point, although only Aikman, Roethlisberger and Simms won a Super Bowl.
Your ability to move the goalposts instead of just admitting you were wrong is astounding.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
On that note, I don't foresee many QB's going in the first round. Everything I've seen, read and heard from the combine is that the most talked about QB isn't available for the 2017 draft. Combine that with the fact that this is one of the weakest QB classes in a long time, and you probably won't see many QB's taken in the first three rounds. I do think the Bills are a prime candidate to draft Chad Kelly though. They need a QB badly and he's related to the best QB in the history of their franchise.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:I'm not going to pretend like I read all of this thread but I feel pretty confident this is a relevant point; no quarterbacks, regardless of round, have won a SB with the Bills.
Most def...the only one to even take them to a Super Bowl sent a daughter to Liberty in the last couple years...

Also, I wasn't trying to move the goalposts adam with my mention of the Super Bowl...I was trying to concede the point. It has been shown that there have been some very good QBs in the first round which is counter to my statement.

That said, I don't see a franchise changing QB in this year's crop. Not to mention, regardless who the Bills take, if they release TT, they will have zero NFL starts among their QBs on the roster among Josh, CJ and whoever they take (Trubisky, Watson or anyone else) as I said before. I could see this as a 3-5 win season at best with whoever is QB basically handing off to McCoy 25 times (unless they lost their minds in the front office and intend to get rid of him too) and not throwing more than 10 yards downfield more than a couple times a game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Just heard on the radio that TT and the Bills agreed to restructuring his contract. will see how that affects their draft plans and the status of one Mr Woodrum in Orchard Park
By gerb
"The Seahawks had expressed their intentions to add a kicker to their roster to compete with Blair Walsh. The team announced Wednesday evening that they signed John Lunsford to do just that. Lunsford was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers earlier this week after signing a futures contract with the team in January."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -lunsford/
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Eh, with his accuracy issues, I don't know how he'll do in a city that's rainy all the time.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If there is a position where the past doesn't matter it is kicking. If he outkicks the competition then he has a job. But that is easier said than done.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:Eh, with his accuracy issues, I don't know how he'll do in a city that's rainy all the time.
The roof can be closed...
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
VAGolf wrote:Eh, with his accuracy issues, I don't know how he'll do in a city that's rainy all the time.
What roof? There ain't no stinking roof! :football
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
ATrain wrote:
What roof? There ain't no stinking roof! :football
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They are right next to each other. But frankly rain isn't a huge issue for most Seahawks games. badger74 can attest to that as well. Seattle has essentially become my second home.
By gerb
Sly Fox wrote:From 70 yards out. I think the majority of thinking readers picked up on the intent.
really? dang - didn't realize that. thanks for pointing that out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:From 70 yards out. I think the majority of thinking readers picked up on the intent.
I've always been in the minority on this board :mrgreen: I thought he might have meant the 50
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Walsh went from the 40...Lunsford went from the OTHER 40. If he can tighten up the shorter range kicks, he could be out first NFL kicker
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Sly with the insults!!!!???? I like it.
I know. Maybe he will change his name to Salty Fox!!!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It is tax season so I am in a bit of a salty mood today.
Come on, we should feel all warm inside while paying our fair share. :woohoo
Oh wait that was the last administration. Never mind.

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll:

Some statistics

After doing some checking, I discovered that in […]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]