Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Pretty good spot for Woodrum. He's got the 'confidence' to play in NY Since everyone loves the back up QB his notorious thin skin won't matter because the ruthless NY press won't be on his case. They don't really have an established back up QB so that can't hurt. Not sure how much if any sway Jennings has but having someone friendly who knows and can help you learn the system has to be a plus
Lunsford. Who knows. They have a veteran kicker and a rookie. His leg strength should help him in the wind. It will come down to his ability to consistently hit the routine kicks. Then it would be fun to see he and Janakowski kick to each other over the Bay Bridge!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looking at the three signings thus far, Petey may have the best chance. Jeffery is on a one year tender and the only other returning receiver with more than 25 catches is Eddie Royal. He could certainly get on as a third or fourth receiver. Lunsford would be next if he can hit his intermediate kicks as PH I think noted. Nassib didnt impress and I think Kinne barely played but Josh is gonna have the hardest time breaking in at his position
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:With 3 QB's unexpectedly going yesterday I would've thought that would help Woodrums stock!?!?
Not really. It was generally expected that at least 3 QB's would go in round 1. The key pieces for Josh were when SF &/or Cleveland would take a QB. Had one of them taken Lynch in round one, it's possible that a fourth QB would have been picked up. Since that didn't happen, Lynch fell to Denver and Josh's chances of being drafted plummeted.

With that said, he actually wasn't very far off. Brandon Doughty was the last QB taken and most people had Josh ranked right behind Doughty.
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
jlread wrote:With 3 QB's unexpectedly going yesterday I would've thought that would help Woodrums stock!?!?
Not really. It was generally expected that at least 3 QB's would go in round 1. The key pieces for Josh were when SF &/or Cleveland would take a QB. Had one of them taken Lynch in round one, it's possible that a fourth QB would have been picked up. Since that didn't happen, Lynch fell to Denver and Josh's chances of being drafted plummeted.

With that said, he actually wasn't very far off. Brandon Doughty was the last QB taken and most people had Josh ranked right behind Doughty.

When I said yesterday I was referencing the round where Patriots picked up that kid. Then 2 other QB's also going in the same round. I think The Pats are bracing for Garapalo trade or have a fear of him not performing well during the 4 games Brady is off.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:
VAGolf wrote:

When I said yesterday I was referencing the round where Patriots picked up that kid. Then 2 other QB's also going in the same round. I think The Pats are bracing for Garapalo trade or have a fear of him not performing well during the 4 games Brady is off.
I honestly don't believe it had anything to do with Garoppolo. The Patriots have taken a QB every other year for the past 12 years now. So, I think this was more Belichick being Belichick than it had anything to do with their current QB situation.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sweat's right...how many QBs have revolved through the seat on the bench as Brady's backup over the years? I really don't think its a sign of the gravity of the situation (or lack thereof)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]