Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
If ODU hires the right fit, and LU continues our meteoric rise, Virginia will have 4 top 75 FBS programs within a few hour drive. Seems like college football and thus any conference in the area would do great in central Virginia. We may not be a huge TV Market, but the percentage of sports fans that watch college football vs NFL or NBA could continue to rise.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
If they could convince a few of the impact 757 guys to stay home and play FBS. It could open the flood gates. Its also closer to Richmond.
R i wrote: December 6th, 2019, 11:47 am If they could convince a few of the impact 757 guys to stay home and play FBS. It could open the flood gates. Its also closer to Richmond.
Shane Beamer has the 757 connections
ballcoach15 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 11:42 am
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 5th, 2019, 10:37 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 10:12 am After facilities, location is our next strongest asset. Campus is easy to reach, from anywhere in America.
I disagree on our location. Lynchburg is NOT easy to get to.
Contrast our location with the other AAC schools as 11 of 12 current members are in major metropolitan areas...

Memphis
Navy (Baltimore/DC)
SMU (Dallas)
Tulane (New Orleans)
Houston
Tulsa
Cincinnati
UCF (Orlando)
Temple (Philadelphia)
USF (Tampa)
UConn (Hartford)

ECU - not a great location, it is a 90 minute drive from Raleigh.
Liberty is under an hour from Roanoake? Not a major market. I imagine teams having to charter private planes and connecting to Lynchburg out of Charlotte or DC. It's a hassle getting in/out of Lynchburg.
I have been to all these places except Memphis, Tulsa and Hartford
Lynchburg is easier than any of them. Maybe not as big, but easier to get to.
Ok I’m bored so let’s play a game. “Lynchburg is easier (to get to) than any of them”
The question becomes Get to from where? (And I’ll use driving only since you are afraid of flying)
If I’m in Orlando is it easier to get to Lynchburg or Tampa?
If I am in Baltimore is it easier to get to Lynchburg or Philly?
If I’m in Dallas is it easier to get to Lynchburg or NOLA?
If I’m in Houston is it easier to get to Dallas and NOLA or Lynchburg?
What exactly are you basing this pronouncement on?
So App St is looking for another head coach this offseason. We need to start scheduling like a P5 after 2026 and positioning ourselves for playoffs or P5 conference so we aren’t a stepping stone like a G5. Paging Tyndal, you in?
Liberty22 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 10:22 pm So App St is looking for another head coach this offseason. We need to start scheduling like a P5 after 2026 and positioning ourselves for playoffs or P5 conference so we aren’t a stepping stone like a G5. Paging Tyndal, you in?
One covert at a time :).
alabama24 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 11:43 pm We all know it is easier for Coach to get to Haize. lol
I mean they were legitimate questions. I’m just trying to see if there’s any intelligence in there :D
Steps for immediate P5 level progress that fit LU budget / goals

P5 salary coaching staff ( head and assistants ) Top 15 in country range
top 5 recruiting budget ( maybe top 3 since there is a big disparity from 1 and 4 )
4-8 paid position consultants ( aka Bama model ) from retired or rehab coaches with Christian values
Athletics Residence Hall - built to be nicest in the country
Stadium camera trolley system to enhance home game ESPN + viewing quality

Feel free to add on...
tyndal23 wrote: March 17th, 2020, 3:12 am Steps for immediate P5 level progress that fit LU budget / goals

P5 salary coaching staff ( head and assistants ) Top 15 in country range
top 5 recruiting budget ( maybe top 3 since there is a big disparity from 1 and 4 )
4-8 paid position consultants ( aka Bama model ) from retired or rehab coaches with Christian values
Athletics Residence Hall - built to be nicest in the country
Stadium camera trolley system to enhance home game ESPN + viewing quality

Feel free to add on...
Sounds like a lot of money for a program that can't fill a 25,000 seat stadium. I like the current trajectory we're on. We already have the p5 head coach. We just need to give the man time to stack up these solid recruiting classes.
Interesting interview with RJ Young. As I stated before, RJ mentioned about how the conference realignment structure will change but not what we think it will be. Money will be the answer and it will be interesting who can rise and fall because of that outcome. What was also mentioned was the change of the playoffs which could happen now. What's funny is the host's response of what RJ said. I believe he's a Bama fan and like usual, they don't like change lol. Here's the interview:

So how is being an independent looking now? How is this going to impact recruiting in future years? :oops:

(I think we have done great with what we were given... my point is simply that if given an opportunity, we should strongly consider a conference).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]