Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

If Liberty maintains continued growth, I predict that within 5 years we will be in the Big 12 Conference.

( for those laughing, I remember people laughed when Dr. Falwell announced he was starting a college)
thepostman wrote: September 30th, 2019, 10:26 am What makes you come to that conclusion? Just a hunch? People may have laughed at Dr. Falwell but he at least had a vision and a reason he thought it would pan out.
In no particular order:

Growth of university
AD has B12 connections
WV needs regional rival
B12 gaining east coast footprint

Habakkuk 2:2
ballcoach15 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 10:06 am If Liberty maintains continued growth, I predict that within 5 years we will be in the Big 12 Conference.

( for those laughing, I remember people laughed when Dr. Falwell announced he was starting a college)
This is the absolute dumbest reasoning and justification ever. And I’m not criticizing just you for using it. There are several who do. Lots of people say lots of things. We were supposed to have sent people to Mars by now and had routine commercial space travel. The polar ice caps were supposed to be melted. Flying cars in every drive way. Just because someone says something that may turn out somewhat correct isn’t a credible source for your claims about future events. Shall we list all the things Doc said that did NOT happen?
ballcoach15 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 10:37 am
thepostman wrote: September 30th, 2019, 10:26 am What makes you come to that conclusion? Just a hunch? People may have laughed at Dr. Falwell but he at least had a vision and a reason he thought it would pan out.
In no particular order:

Growth of university
AD has B12 connections
WV needs regional rival
B12 gaining east coast footprint

Habakkuk 2:2
What does this have to do with it?

Then the Lord replied:

“Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald may run with it.“
ballcoach15 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 11:14 am Write the Vision
Lots of visions have been written. That does not guarantee they are fulfilled
Also the vision and directive is directly from God. Are you claiming divine and prophetic authority?
ballcoach15 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 12:01 pm I have not guaranteed vision will be a reality. It is just my vision, nothing more, nothing less.
Then why reference Doc and bring Scripture describing a Prophecy from the LORD into the conversation?
ballcoach15 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 10:06 am If Liberty maintains continued growth, I predict that within 5 years we will be in the Big 12 Conference.

Yep, independent or Big 12 after their next shake up. :football
:dontgetit
ballcoach15 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 1:54 pm The Bible should be the foundation of everything one does. Have you ever read it ?
Really? Wow. Just wow. I guess you are claiming Prophetic status
ballcoach15 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 1:54 pm The Bible should be the foundation of everything one does. Have you ever read it ?
Doesn't Purple have a SEMINARY degree? Study :pray
By R i
Registration Days Posts
We are a basketball school. When the new arena is in place and our recruiting continues to sore. We will make conference affiliations decisions based on basketball.
We will NEVER make a conference decision based on basketball. We could reach Final 4, and it would not have any effect on joining a conference. So called basketball schools are weak when it comes to the total athletic package.
R i wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 7:30 pm We are a basketball school. When the new arena is in place and our recruiting continues to sore. We will make conference affiliations decisions based on basketball.
Not very forward thinking...how many. upper tierconferences play in small arenas? I don't think that the arena has anything to do with where we go conference wise. If we ever do move to another level, we won't be playing in front of 4000 people.
rogers3 wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 7:53 pm Not very forward thinking...how many. upper tierconferences play in small arenas? I don't think that the arena has anything to do with where we go conference wise. If we ever do move to another level, we won't be playing in front of 4000 people.
I wish it was just a little bigger (like 5000, maybe 5500)

At 4000, hopefully the end game is that the new arena is the home of women's basketball and volleyball, and used for men's basketball games when NORMAL crowds aren't expected.
My understanding is that the new arena will seat 4500, which probably means 5000 with SRO. I'm good with that. Move games to the Vines only if we are certain to draw at least 6000. I was around during the heyday of attendance in the Vines, and I have to say there is revisionist history going on as to how often we drew more than that. You could easily count them on your fingers and toes. Might not need the toes. If somebody knows where there is a concise record of game attendance, post a link please. I haven't been able to find it, other than pulling up box scores 1 by 1.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]