Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

alabama24 wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:
alabama24 wrote:There aint 5% of ESPN fans that can tell you who "won" the FCS football championship last year.
I was kind of with you until this line. Who really cares about ESPN fans and what they know?
Would you rather have me said: "There aint 1% of Shopping Channel fans that can tell you who "won" the FCS football championship last year?" I chortle audibly.

My point should be fairly obvious. Only BJ and those associated with the schools that won the FCS football championship actually know who won the championship... And not even all of those know. :wink:
Though it will draw a stink eye frim PH, the entire membership of AGS says howdy
Last edited by BJWilliams on September 3rd, 2015, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alabama24 wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:
alabama24 wrote:There aint 5% of ESPN fans that can tell you who "won" the FCS football championship last year.
I was kind of with you until this line. Who really cares about ESPN fans and what they know?
Would you rather have me said: "There aint 1% of Shopping Channel fans that can tell you who "won" the FCS football championship last year?" I chortle audibly.

My point should be fairly obvious. Only BJ and those associated with the schools that won the FCS football championship actually know who won the championship... And not even all of those know. :wink:
I'm sure fans of NDSU don't care what percentage of ESPN, Shopping Channel or QVC fans know about them or the several championships they've won recently. If you want to keep it all the way real, down here in SEC country, it's all about the SEC. I heard a guy call Baylor a mid-major. I say that to say this: the so-called sports fans that I know that follow ESPN religiously, still have no clue about who's competing at what level outside of the school(s) they follow.
By LUDad
Purple Haize wrote:I disagree with the.Bowl Tie in or floundering in our other sports. I like the Trans-Continent Conference (using Trams is popular these days). There will be Bowls jumping for a Conference Champ tie in. Our other sports will be fine. BYU would dominate the Conference for awhile though
Would this be a football only conference? Or, major sports conference? I don't think many teams would want to foot the bill for that much travel for olympic sports.
LUDad wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I disagree with the.Bowl Tie in or floundering in our other sports. I like the Trans-Continent Conference (using Trams is popular these days). There will be Bowls jumping for a Conference Champ tie in. Our other sports will be fine. BYU would dominate the Conference for awhile though
Would this be a football only conference? Or, major sports conference? I don't think many teams would want to foot the bill for that much travel for olympic sports.
All Sports. They'd find a way to balance the schedules.
lawrenceq wrote:
I'm sure fans of NDSU don't care what percentage of ESPN, Shopping Channel or QVC fans know about them or the several championships they've won recently.
You are being dense. You can chalk it up any way you like, but you won't get any significant number of people ANYWHERE that know who won the FCS championship.

And yes, Baylor is a "mid-major" lol
alabama24 wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:
I'm sure fans of NDSU don't care what percentage of ESPN, Shopping Channel or QVC fans know about them or the several championships they've won recently.
You are being dense. You can chalk it up any way you like, but you won't get any significant number of people ANYWHERE that know who won the FCS championship.

And yes, Baylor is a "mid-major" I chortle audibly.
That same bunch won't know who won the CUSA, Sunbelt or MAC championships. So unless they moving to a power 5 conference, the average ESPN fan won't know or care where Liberty competes.
lawrenceq wrote:That same bunch won't know who won the CUSA, Sunbelt or MAC championships. So unless they moving to a power 5 conference, the average ESPN fan won't know or care where Liberty competes.
Mostly right... but more people will know them. My point, however, is that even being in those bottom of the barrel conferences would provide MUCH more exposure than being in ANY FCS conference. If nothing else, at least the score of Liberty's game would scroll along the bottom more often. :wink: Additionally, Liberty would be playing in more games against teams from the "power 5."
lawrenceq wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:

And yes, Baylor is a "mid-major" I chortle audibly.
That same bunch won't know who won the CUSA, Sunbelt or MAC championships. So unless they moving to a power 5 conference, the average ESPN fan won't know or care where Liberty competes.
Marshall, Northern Illinois and Georgia Southern (though they were ineligible for the postseason, so Louisiana Lafayette ended up first in line for the bowl invite)...although you probably still have a point
alabama24 wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:That same bunch won't know who won the CUSA, Sunbelt or MAC championships. So unless they moving to a power 5 conference, the average ESPN fan won't know or care where Liberty competes.
Mostly right... but more people will know them. My point, however, is that even being in those bottom of the barrel conferences would provide MUCH more exposure than being in ANY FCS conference. If nothing else, at least the score of Liberty's game would scroll along the bottom more often. :wink: Additionally, Liberty would be playing in more games against teams from the "power 5."
True! Troy playing NC State, Mississippi State and Wisconsin this season. I guess it all boils down to the fans. Are they cool with playing in a non-power conference and having a limited ceiling?
alabama24 wrote:
Plus more revenue for playing those teams on the road (I know money isn't the driving factor for wanting to move up, but it is a boon in regard to offsetting additional cost).... The added exposure is a big deal, as well as playing at the top level which is the bowl division even if it would be as a G5 type.
LUminary wrote: Plus more revenue for playing those teams on the road (I know money isn't the driving factor for wanting to move up, but it is a boon in regard to offsetting additional cost).... The added exposure is a big deal, as well as playing at the top level which is the bowl division even if it would be as a G5 type.
I talked about a FCS championship in my first post, but I was hoping they'd get a Sunbelt offer because I live in Sunbelt territory. When that fell through I thought, maybe the Big South and FCS not so bad since the system is set up for the power conferences to get all the gold.
I just posted this on another thread but thought it more relevant here

I've been playing NCAA Football 14 lately with Liberty and it finally feels real because these teams are actually scheduled to be IN Lynchburg in real life and not just pretend on the video game. Kind of fun! :lol:
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:I just posted this on another thread but thought it more relevant here

I've been playing NCAA Football 14 lately with Liberty and it finally feels real because these teams are actually scheduled to be IN Lynchburg in real life and not just pretend on the video game. Kind of fun! :lol:
What's LU's record?
Chippy wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:I just posted this on another thread but thought it more relevant here

What's LU's record?
Happy to report we've won a national championship :lol:

However we're 4-1 on this season.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:
Chippy wrote:

What's LU's record?
Happy to report we've won a national championship :lol:

However we're 4-1 on this season.
Maybe you're the "next coach" everybody is hoping for :D
“The most compelling scenario has the Longhorns becoming an independent in football, a la Notre Dame. By being in business with ESPN, which is paying the school $300 million over 20 years for the Longhorn Network rights through 2030, the Longhorns have a ready-made media partner that would ensure maximum exposure.”

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jou ... ports.aspx
Liberty22 wrote:“The most compelling scenario has the Longhorns becoming an independent in football, a la Notre Dame. By being in business with ESPN, which is paying the school $300 million over 20 years for the Longhorn Network rights through 2030, the Longhorns have a ready-made media partner that would ensure maximum exposure.”

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jou ... ports.aspx
Some, many say Texas ruined the Big 12 by their TV goals.
This could open an expansion by the Big 12 in a few years.
They backed out this year on expansion.
If we can gain traction Freeze can be the one that gets us to a legitimate conference.
I would like ACC but the 12 with us WV and maybe BYU being pulled in could be plausible
That means the UFC, UH, USF and Boise State would want in as well. They would claim that they have a better resume which would be true. However we have to consider academia, which may help us out a bit. ACC would be great, but I can’t see this in the future. I would be glad if I’m wrong lol
cruzan_flame13 wrote:That means the UFC, UH, USF and Boise State would want in as well. They would claim that they have a better resume which would be true. However we have to consider academia, which may help us out a bit. ACC would be great, but I can’t see this in the future. I would be glad if I’m wrong lol
I would like to see you wrong as well.
I would be happy with the American Athletic Conference. I think that's more to benefit other sports like bball. The A Sun is pretty dang pitiful at basketball and if McKay keeps improving the team LU could use an upgrade in both basketball and football.
I believe we are about to see a Seismic shift in FBS alignment. Insofar as traditional Conferences will not have the same meaning in Football as it does now.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]