Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

It´s remarkable how many of these recruits have offers from one or more of the service academies. They are looking for high charactor kids like we are, and the bonus we get when we sign a kid like Probert is that we know he is an excellent student as well, or Army wouldn´t have offered.
Scout published an interview with Probert.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/r ... ry/1564785

Nice read overall, but here is the bombshell he dropped. He says we are paying $6000/year for COA. Tell me that won´t get peoples attention, and not all in a good way. It´s the highest COA figure I´ve heard to date. Whoever is in charge of that program will need to have their act together to back up a number like that.
olldflame wrote:Scout published an interview with Probert.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/r ... ry/1564785

Nice read overall, but here is the bombshell he dropped. He says we are paying $6000/year for COA. Tell me that won´t get peoples attention, and not all in a good way. It´s the highest COA figure I´ve heard to date. Whoever is in charge of that program will need to have their act together to back up a number like that.
I've seen numerous articles stating that COA estimates in 2012 ranges from ~ $200 - $6,900. Obviously $6,000 is on the higher end of this and might include the added cost of round trip flights twice a year. As of 2013-14, LU reported 'other expenses' (education related expenses outside the norm of tuition/fees, room and board and books) that students generally incur to be around $3,400/yr. $6,000 is obviously a good amount higher than $3,400 so there have to be some additional items being included here.
I wouldnt be surprised if flights were factored in, especially for athletes from west of the imaginary line that runs through Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky and either Mississippi or Alabama. I would have to check and see how long a drive would be from Virginia to those places, but you would have to think its long enough that flying would be the better option.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
With Probert having 2 years left, I wonder if the kicker who committed for this class will have second thoughts, or for that matter whether Freeze will. Having 2 scholarship place kickers would be highly unusual.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:With Probert having 2 years left, I wonder if the kicker who committed for this class will have second thoughts, or for that matter whether Freeze will. Having 2 scholarship place kickers would be highly unusual.
INJURIES HAPPEN!!!!!

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]