Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Thanks Trump.

I guess. I couldn't help thinking that situation really could have easily gone in another direction.
I thought the same thing when I read his story.
Assuming he makes it to campus which at this point is likely with past issues behind, i bet he leads the team in rush yards barring injury. Theres so many of these guys out there in the juco ranks that just didnt fit or academics dropped them. Its why i couldnt understand why we didnt use a couple schollies on dline help last year.
Chippy wrote:According to my math he rushed for 35 yards a game. Am I missing something?
Probably not the best metric to use here. Efficiency stats are better indicators than volume stats for these situations. 297 yards on 60 carries is 4.95 yards per carry. Meaning being ahead of the chains(3.33 yards per down) every second down. That kind of first down production absolutely forces defenses to run protect because it's almost a guarantee he moves the chains with another rush. 5ypc rushers are the best thing Liberty Airborne could wish for.
That would make sense if he ran 30 times a game. It seems he played sparingly. My question is why was he not the featured back if his YPC was 4.95? The transfer we're getting from Maine makes sense but this one is a head scratcher.- since he didn't have those limited carries/yards because he played at Auburn.
Chippy wrote:That would make sense if he ran 30 times a game. It seems he played sparingly. My question is why was he not the featured back if his YPC was 4.95? The transfer we're getting from Maine makes sense but this one is a head scratcher.- since he didn't have those limited carries/yards because he played at Auburn.
We recruited him hard out of HS, and he would have been considered a great get for us then, with offers from Kansas and SMU. It's not likely whatever he had then has disappeared. No idea why he didn't get more carries last year in JUCO, but 5 yards a pop is some good productivity.
What was his playing weight last year in JUCO? Judging by his weight in the OP, while he won't be a thunder back for us, he definitely could be a real gamebreaker in the rotation
flamehunter wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:What was his playing weight last year in JUCO? Judging by his weight in the OP, while he won't be a thunder back for us, he definitely could be a real gamebreaker in the rotation
He was listed as 5'10", 205 lbs.

http://www.tvccsports.com/sports/fball/ ... ytton_7ieb
If that's 20lbs of muscle, that's a lot of power added.
A post on Twitter reminded me that Pickett gets to face his first school of choice this fall. Looking at his 247 profile, he was just shy of 3* rating out of high school. He and Henderson will have to make statements this season if they want to see reps in 2019 when Mack is eligible.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]