Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I want to know who the "slinger" is too! There is still one commit that is unaccounted for and it is, according to Stamm, a slinger. I can tell you from stalking twitter that he is going to a camp at Western Kentucky this weekend.
soccer7 wrote:I want to know who the "slinger" is too! There is still one commit that is unaccounted for and it is, according to Stamm, a slinger. I can tell you from stalking twitter that he is going to a camp at Western Kentucky this weekend.
Pure speculation of course, but that would be a good reason to hold off on announcing it if he has made a commit. The WKU camp was no doubt already paid for and it would be good experience, so why make things awkward there by making it public that he had already chosen another school?
He definitely can sling it that is for sure. I would definitely not have a problem having him wearing the red, white and navy blue in 2016
jcmanson wrote:He has officially committed. Here's our quick update: http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/2016 ... n-calvert/
Update 7/22: Calvert has committed to Liberty over offers from Florida International and South Florida
Always good to win a recruiting battle against a member of the American Athletic Conference and the CUSA. This kid looks pretty solid. My only question is the stat that he only threw for 1,500 yds last season.
Based on his video highlights, the kid looks like Brett Favre Jr.

Can escape the pocket, throw on the run, good field vision.

Can anyone speak to the level of competition he faced in Miami? He is going up against any other studs are a regular basis?
Kiwon wrote:Based on his video highlights, the kid looks like Brett Favre Jr.

Can escape the pocket, throw on the run, good field vision.

Can anyone speak to the level of competition he faced in Miami? He is going up against any other studs are a regular basis?
While there are certainly multiple levels in the Florida HS sports system, in general the state is up there with Texas and California as having the best HS football in the country. In addition, this kid has been extremely active in the 7 on 7 tournament circuit, and has QBd his team to several victories, including the one LU held recently. Some of that may be the athleticism of his teammates, but QB play is really important in 7 on 7.
Miami Canes insider Peter Ariz tweets that Buckshot is ¨one of the best QBs in the country¨ and ¨the most overlooked player in Dade.¨

https://twitter.com/PeterAriz?original_ ... 4347912192

Great having a verbal from this kid, but I´ll feel a lot better when he´s still in the fold on signing day. Choosing us over FIU and USF is one thing. If the Canes, Gators or Noles come calling I suspect all bets could be off.
Sly Fox wrote:The U has been listed as his high Interest school all through the process. That would be my only major concern moving forward should they offer.
The fact that Liberty and the U are being mentioned concerning the same recruit is just all types of weird.
From the class of 09 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:The U has been listed as his high Interest school all through the process. That would be my only major concern moving forward should they offer.
The fact that Liberty and the U are being mentioned concerning the same recruit is just all types of weird.
:exactly
Can someone help me out with this two QB's thing. This past year was the first time I followed much on recruiting and I understand you make offers and see what comes in. I also understand we definitely needed a QB in this class. Is it just a fluck that two committed or do you think they were trying to get two? If so, why 2?
D-ZasterLU wrote:Can someone help me out with this two QB's thing. This past year was the first time I followed much on recruiting and I understand you make offers and see what comes in. I also understand we definitely needed a QB in this class. Is it just a fluck that two committed or do you think they were trying to get two? If so, why 2?
Coach Gill actually announced that we would be signing at least 2 QBs this class. It was pretty much necessary because we didn´t sign one for 2015 and our 2014 signee, JT Bradwell, who redshirted last year basically flunked out, One of these 2 guys will at the very least be our backup as a true Freshman and might even compete for the starting job. The other will probably redshirt. If Woodrum stays healthy this year, Masha will enter 2016 as the heir apparent, but with last years CSU and CCU games as his only meaningful experience. Don´t be surprised if we end up bringing in an FBS transfer next year.

I don't know if it's changed since I went but the […]

Some statistics

Our team ERA currently sits at #78 nationally. Our[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]