Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

They also have another qb that has been committed for awhile to play there next year that I've been following since he's a local player: 6-5 200lb Jack Allison. I've been curious to see what would happen after the coaching change, but read an article today that he still committed to the U.
olldflame wrote:Bottom line is Miami is loaded at QB and even if they were to offer Calvert, he would face really long odds to get snaps any time soon (which is his stated priority.) I don't see it happening.
My point exactly
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
He sounds like Adam Sandler in The Water Boy movie.
By forbidden
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
PAmedic wrote:wheres this kid from originally?
Yeah, he certainly doesn't sound like a Florida boy. More like 8 mile..
This kid definitely has some "street" inside him, so wont be scared to talk a lil bit on the field ill bet
How I see it:

Calvert = Joe Cane Yearick = Jon Moxon
Drew Bledsoe Tom Brady
Willie Beamon Joe Kingman
Reno Hightower Shane Falco

Hmm
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:Cool, Thx. Have we ever had a 3 star QB play for Liberty?
I don't believe we have had a 3 star recruit until the last couple of years but I could be wrong as I am not the walking repository of all things LU football. I thought it was a big deal to have Grant Jones (2 star) from LCA come to LU a few years ago (a Rocco recruit). He eventually left the program for D2 Cal U of PA and had a pretty undistinguished one season. Gill is bringing in the 2 and 3 star recruits like this campus has never seen.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
I don't believe we have had a 3 star recruit until the last couple of years but I could be wrong as I am not the walking repository of all things LU football. I thought it was a big deal to have Grant Jones (2 star) from LCA come to LU a few years ago (a Rocco recruit). He eventually left the program for D2 Cal U of PA and had a pretty undistinguished one season. Gill is bringing in the 2 and 3 star recruits like this campus has never seen.
We did gave a QB back in the Sam era that transferred from Florida. I believe his name was Antwan Chiles. Don't know if they gave stars back in those days, but he is probably the best QB we have ever had at LU. I think he played for 2 years for us. Big guy, great arm and could run pretty well too.
By forbidden
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
Chippy wrote:
We did gave a QB back in the Sam era that transferred from Florida. I believe his name was Antwan Chiles. Don't know if they gave stars back in those days, but he is probably the best QB we have ever had at LU. I think he played for 2 years for us. Big guy, great arm and could run pretty well too.
What criteria are you using to say he was the best at LU, especially if he only played 2 years and LU still had never won anything until just recently. Pretty lofty praise to throw around. Im only asking cuz never heard of him.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bobby Burton & Tom Lemming didn't popularize the star system until the Late '90s and Early '00s. I would suggest that Calvert received similar regard from scouting services to Woodrum. But Buck received more attention in higher profile location.

Chiles was VERY talented and he did lead LU to success but that was back in our Independent days when playoff bids weren't as accessible as they are for us now.
Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]