Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Here's a direct confirmation of football offer from us via his twitter:

Keep in mind that he is a multi-sport athlete and likely will be getting a great deal of love on the baseball side as well. But it certainly is nice to be his first football offer.
By Equinox
Registration Days Posts
He’s definitely not in consideration as a QB. The kids lacks the fundamentals in footwork and throwing motion (as a lefty). Most likely they’ll try him out at linebacker and strong safety.
Check out who his HS football coach happens to be ...
WIS-TV wrote:River Bluff's two-sport star commits to Liberty

By Joe Gorchow
jgorchow@wistv.com

LEXINGTON, SC (WIS) - River Bluff rising senior Brandon Tillmon hopes to one day play professional sports. He just isn't sure which sport that will be.

He excels on gridiron as a linebacker and quarterback, and on the diamond as an outfielder and pitcher. He recently committed to Liberty University to play both sports, once he hangs up the cleats as a Gator.

"The atmosphere, the coaches, the people they were great," Tillmon said about Liberty University. "That's what I was looking for."

Along with the opportunity to play baseball and football at the college level. Top Division one programs like USC, Clemson, and Georgia Tech showed interest in Tillmon. However, only Liberty assured him he could wear two hats.
Click Here for Full Story
Brandon is an athlete you want on the field whether its offense or defense. He may not be your big time D1 QB but he is a guy you want to have the ball inside the red zone because he can score every time he touches the ball. He will be used on offense as well but will play defense at Liberty.
Dirty 30, welcome to the board! :welcome
By R i
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Bennett's always loved Liberty.

Dadgummit.
Maybe Tillmon can be Bennett's stepping stone on to the staff.
Thanks guys glad to be a part of the board. I am looking forward to following Liberty Football and baseball for a long time. Coach Bennett is a big Liberty Fan and Brandon really enjoyed his visit. Even though he is committed to Liberty, schools have still been recruiting him and Wake Forest LB Coach message him on twitter yesterday and Georgia Tech and Georgia Southern are still interested but they all have not said if they will allow him to play baseball and that is a major requirement for him. He said it would take alot for him not to go to Liberty, he loves it and can't wait to be a flame in 2016. I have a idea for the NCAA:I believe the NCAA should make a rule that when a student athlete verbally commits that no school should be allowed to recruit that kid. Treat it just like a LOI. This would help both parties and the kid can move on and enjoy his senior year. That is the reason kids commit early so they can be done with the recruiting process and enjoy there last year of high school. What do you guys think?
BJWilliams, Coastal came in the picture late and told Brandon they would be offering as soon as they got the okay from the Head Coach so I guess they never got the okay because they never offered. Coastal baseball staff wanted Brandon to come to Coastal so they went to the football staff and ask why they were not recruiting Tillmon and they said they didn't know he was interested in coming to Coastal which made me wonder if that was caused by Coach Bennett being Tillmon's Head Coach and what happen with Bennett and Coastal. Everything happens for a reason and it was God's plan for him to go to Liberty and he is happy and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]