Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm thinking we may have underestimated the impact Brandon could have on the baseball side. That is crazy production, even if the pitchers were lobbing up batting práctica softies.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:If he keeps playing like this start, I doubt we see him in a Liberty uniform for baseball.
At some point he'll need to pick a sport, but I don't think that day has come. He really seems determined to do both. Nothing in the rules to prevént his playing college FB and pro BB, and it used to be fairly common. Not so much any more. Toó many risks for the pro team. I think he will be a Flame for 3 or 4 years, depending on how he does in each sport.
By Dirty 30
Guys,

He is going to Liberty, I have already put in for my Football Season tickets and have rented places to stay for each home game. If he goes in the draft, he will pay me back! LOL
By Dirty 30
Brandon and the Gators are playing well. They just won the Forest Acres Classic Spring Break tournament on Friday. He is leading the State in Home Runs with 5 and 33 RBI's and 18 walks and batting . 462 going into next week and is 4-0 on the mound with a 1.17 ERA. He attended the Liberty Baseball game on Sunday at Winthrop.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-sch ... 39372.html
By Dirty 30
The baseball season is winding down and the playoffs will begin next week. Tuesday night was Senior night and Brandon started on the Mound and his last AB on Senior night, he hit a 3-run Home Run as well as get the win on the mound. With a win tonight they will clinch the Region Title and #1 seed heading into the State Playoffs next week. Counting the days down until he will be on campus at Liberty. June 13th he begins classes. 53 days and counting.

2 Links below from Senior Night:

http://riverbluffathletics.com/2016/04/ ... gion-lead/

http://midlandshssports.com/tillmons-hr-ices-win-irmo/
By Dirty 30
Playing well right now. Won the Region Championship outright tonight and play last regular season game on Saturday. He will be going to the Liberty vs PC Baseball game at PC on Sunday.
By Dirty 30
Baseball Season is over for Brandon. Great Season for the Gators. Brandon was named Region V-AAAA Player of the Year and selected to play in the Select Game in June. He continues to get his workout done that was sent to him by Coach Gillespie. He will report to Liberty June 12. Looking forward to coming to Lynchburg on the 12th.

http://thediamondprospects.com/archives ... on-tillmon
By Dirty 30
Old Flame, that is his plan but he said he will play wherever the team needs him to play, special teams, LB, RB, wherever!
By Dirty 30
Good Luck to the Liberty Baseball team this week in the Big South Tournament in Lexington, SC. Right in our backyard. Will be able to watch them play at 9:30 am on Tuesday as well as all week. I will be going with Brandon Tillmon to check out the Flames! Can't wait. GO FLAMES!
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Dirty 30 wrote:Good Luck to the Liberty Baseball team this week in the Big South Tournament in Lexington, SC. Right in our backyard. Will be able to watch them play at 9:30 am on Tuesday as well as all week. I will be going with Brandon Tillmon to check out the Flames! Can't wait. GO FLAMES!
Tell him to bring a glove and some cleats ;)
By Dirty 30
prototype wrote:
Dirty 30 wrote:Good Luck to the Liberty Baseball team this week in the Big South Tournament in Lexington, SC. Right in our backyard. Will be able to watch them play at 9:30 am on Tuesday as well as all week. I will be going with Brandon Tillmon to check out the Flames! Can't wait. GO FLAMES!
Tell him to bring a glove and some cleats ;)
:D
By Dirty 30
Great Win by the Liberty Flames Baseball team. It was great talking to and hanging out with Head Coach Jim Toman and Brandon and talking baseball and expectations for Brandon and just talking baseball. The Flames will play Longwood tomorrow at 4:30. Going back to support the Flames. Coastal Fans were talking crap about not having the tournament at their stadium. Lot of talk about them being punished for leaving for the Sun Belt and having to pay a million dollars because they left the Big South and they took the host site of the tournament from them. Lot of Whining from the Chants but they had a tough game that they won and they had to come back and win it in the 6th inning. Hope the Flames meet up with them for the Championship.
By Dirty 30
I hope all is well in Flame Nation. It was great being in town last Sunday to drop Brandon off and meet the incoming freshman as they begin summer classes and workouts. Great looking class and I am excited to watch their development. They are all living next to each other to bond and get ready for the college grind. Brandon is excited and is loving it in Liberty. He just finished his first week of classes and workouts and loves the energy of his teammates in the weightroom, 7 on 7 and in the film room. I just talked to him to let him know he was voted player of the year and to check on him. He is enjoying the rest this weekend before the start of week 2. Looking forward to the upcoming season. I have the article attached below on Brandon's selection. Go Flames!

http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-sch ... 10452.html
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Having Brandon on board for baseball as well as football should soften the blow of losing our top 2 baseball signees to MLB.

Brandon and Livingston Morris give us 2 really big and athletic OFs, the kind of athletes that don't often make it to the college diamond these days.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]