Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Tribe4SF
Registration Days Posts
Without being overly complimentary, LU has made as big a stride in one year as any team I've ever seen. You still have a ways to go before I could say you're a good I-AA team, but the progress is really remarkable.

W&M played as poorly defensively I've seen in recent memory, and our offense was again inept, but Liberty is just a much better football team than they have been.

Had a great time. We had a good contingent for the tailgate at the Ice Center, but I was disappointed in our crowd. Speaking of crowds, how did they come up with 15,000 as the attendance? There were many empty seats, and those temporary bleachers housed about 50 people. Several hundred on the hillsides, but no way there were 15,000 in that stadium. A great crowd, nonetheless.

Stopped at Moore's Country Store on my way out for a couple of chili dogs, which powered me and the vehicle back to Williamsburg. That place is a real landmark, and that chili is a threat to the environment.
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
Tribe4SF, you're very thoughtful....thanks for the kind words and encouragement!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We have made some progress and thanks for noticing, However, we have to finish. There is no excuse for losing that game. I was very impressed with Rocco's comments afterwards, no excuses, it's on me, we have to fix some things, etc. He is obviously a class act. We will get there, just not soon enough for most of us.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Yes we have made some significant progress over last year in most aspects of the football program. After a full year of evaluating the team on the field, I think that Coach Rocco has the knowlege of where changes have to be made in order to get to that next level. Without going into too much detail I think that we will finish the second half of the season strong but the fans have to be patient in that this year is a transition year for the program
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
thanks for the comments tribe and yes moore's chili dogs are the real deal. i hope we can continue the series.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
every W/M fan I met was classy, well-spoken, and friendly.

a great testimony to your school!

still wish we woulda beat your butts though :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tribe4SF - Thanks for the sentiments but you'll have to forgive us if we aren't overjoyed. The frustration level from the game is off the charts. But I agree that we have improved dramatically in the past 12 months. But I believe much of that has been between the ears as what you saw a year ago was a team that had given up hope. Hopefully this crushing loss doesn't have a big impact on our team's psyche heading into Big South play.
Prayers please

My neighborhood in Gambrills was great. Great fri[…]

5 plus 7 model

Ian stated we are working on a neutral site game..[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't w[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]