Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Maybe we are going to run a 3 QB system similar to RMK's 5 guard system?
By forbidden
Registration Days Posts
Real good placement and accuracy and showed off some speed. Could they be looking at him for another lb or S spot. But like posted earlier good to have another one out there incase someone does bolt, (Calvert, he's good). Feb can't get here fast enough.

FYI, is there anyway possible to possibly finish early and come in January, how does that work Scholly wise.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
FlamesNation reported the other day that Rudiger would be coming in January. You don't need a letter if you are enrolled in class.

My grandparents used to attend the church where this school began near Bill Rice Ranch for you old timers.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
So the battle has been joined! nothing wrong with stockpiling in the arms race. I think Calvert is a strong commit at this point but I've been wrong before. having three QBs in the stable for the future isn't a bad thing. if we redshirt two we still have three for after Masha graduates
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I´m not terribly worried about Calvert taking up a last minute offer from the Canes. He has made it clear that one of the primary reasons he comitted to Liberty is the opportunity to compete for a starting job immediatly. I agree he is good, but does anyone think he will have that opportunity at the U? Not very likely if you ask me.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So he's definetely going to walk on? Interesting since he has scholarship offers. I like it because it's added protection at qb in case Miami becomes a player for Calvert.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I doubt Miami will be making a play for Calvert at QB. I'll post my more detailed thoughts on that on his thread
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Looks like he did a signing day ceremony and is coming down our way. I bet he ends up on scholarship and makes an impact. Good to have qb depth as well. Smart player. Overral it's the most impressive group of Walkons that I can recall
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
What's also cool is that with his QB ability, he is someone who we can use in some packages for trick plays or what have you and add a nice wrinkle to the offense
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]