Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
VMI takes the lead over Coastal, 27-24 w/ about a minute left.
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
It was a good try by the Flames. An exciting game no doubt. And a great turnout. This bodes well for our future. Can't wait till next year.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Anybody else heartsick right now?

It wasn't all on the kicking game because we killed ourselves once again with penalties.
By SeoulFlame
Registration Days Posts
Threwup in my mouth a little.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tribe - 14
Flames - 13
Final

Congrats, KK.
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
AG,

You had the final score right...wrong team though.
By SeoulFlame
Registration Days Posts
I'm going back to bed. Looking forward to all the comments in the morning. Rocco is going to roll some heads. Night.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Coastal goes right down the field and scores a TD...CCU up 31-27 w/ 18 seconds left.
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, Sly, you guys are a great group o' fans.

I'll definitely be cheering for you guys to win out and hopefully make the playoffs. Coastal now looks much more vulnerable.
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
Hope Coach Rocco explains why losing by 1 point is better than losing by 2 points which is what would have happened if he had gone for the two point conversion and it failed. This one's on the coach.
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
Wasn't that TD before Jennings got injured? I'm sure you guys would have gotten more points had Jennings not gone down.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Sorry--I had to log off. That 30 yard penalty was the last straw.

What a difference a year makes--and this team does not quit. Great job, guys. Now the REAL season starts against G-W next week. Repeat after me:
"Freaking Gardner Webb." I hate them like SJ hates Winthrop and LUconn hates Radford.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Coastal wins 31-27...And in other action, CSU is beating Edward Watters 34-0 in the 4th quarter.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Baldspot wrote:Hope Coach Rocco explains why losing by 1 point is better than losing by 2 points which is what would have happened if he had gone for the two point conversion and it failed. This one's on the coach.
Baldy. I fail to see where THREE missed FG is on the coach. Nope. Rocco can take no blame for this one.
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
The poor kicking game is all the more reason to go for a 2 point conversion. Coach had to know his kicker was struggling and the Tribe had planty of time to get a TD/extra pt and a "1" point victory.
Last edited by Baldspot on October 14th, 2006, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I believe Rocco had his reasons for not going for two. But I agree that it was a regrettable decision.

WEF - We have a scoreboard thread with all of the updates in it.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I believe Rocco had his reasons for not going for two. But I agree that it was a regrettable decision.

WEF - We have a scoreboard thread with all of the updates in it.
OK..just noticed that...
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
And we missed two FG after that. Rocco had to have the confidence his team would have a shot or two at scoring, again.
(I have to admit I questioned it, too, at the time. But there is no way you can pin the loss on Rocco).
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]