Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Cap space move according to ESPN
And according to the article. And not breaking 900 yds in any season.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I don't know Rashad personally, so, this is complete speculation. However, I think he'll use this as an opportunity to retire. He has multiple off-field interests, including physical health, and he'll have multiple broadcasting offers if he wants them.
By Class of 20Something
VAGolf wrote:I don't know Rashad personally, so, this is complete speculation. However, I think he'll use this as an opportunity to retire. He has multiple off-field interests, including physical health, and he'll have multiple broadcasting offers if he wants them.
I'd say he is a pretty low risk employee just about anywhere he goes. I can't imagine there aren't at least a few teams that would want to hold onto him as a safety blanket. RB's don't last as long as they used to.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
VAGolf wrote:I don't know Rashad personally, so, this is complete speculation. However, I think he'll use this as an opportunity to retire. He has multiple off-field interests, including physical health, and he'll have multiple broadcasting offers if he wants them.
I'd say he is a pretty low risk employee just about anywhere he goes. I can't imagine there aren't at least a few teams that would want to hold onto him as a safety blanket. RB's don't last as long as they used to.
I don't think it's an issue with an NFL team not wanting him. He can still play if he wants....I just think this will allow him the opportunity to retire. Joining a new NFL team is a long process, a physical process, and judging from what he does off the field, I think his aspirations extend beyond football.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
He should have had more carries in their playoff lose.

I hope he decides to coach when he finishes in the NFL. Would love to see him on the sideline with the flames.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
If he does get picked up it will be as a cheap short yardage backup. As VA said already, he will have broadcasting opportunities waiting. ESPN was already prepping him during the playoffs.
By SeoulFlame
Registration Days Posts
He had a bad o-line. I think he could have produced much better with a better line. That being said I am confident he will do well whatever he decides to do.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like he'd like to keep playing.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692 ... d-reaction
Jennings may resurface with another team this offseason, but he'll likely be doing so to provide depth as a No. 2 or No. 3 option.

"I know me and my skill set that I bring to the table," Jennings said. "I have more football left in me. I'm a vet, a leader, a motivator...can do anything. I finished the league in the top five in pass protection. I can catch out the backfield, run the ball, play special teams, and I want to win the championship. Yes, I have more football left."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Anyone ambitious enough to see where he is as far as qualifying for a Pension from the NFL? I've lost track of years of service needed. 5? 7?
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I politely disagree with the people on bleacher report. This is not me being a homer for Rashad or biased because of the common ground we have with LU. It has everything to do with his talent, team-first mentality and work ethic. He will continue to surprise teams as he has done with Oakland, Jacksonville and NY. I can think of a few teams who could use him immediately as their #1 guy and I think he is still a #1 guy in the league. Good luck Rashad we are all rooting for you and most importantly we are proud of you and your walk with Christ!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Isn't he 31? 30 is sort of the point where RB's go downhill fast.
However, in today's NFL RB by committee is sort of the norm. New England might be an option
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:You qualify after three years. I believe you receive $470 a month for each year you play. They start receiving their pension at age 55.
He needs to coach. At LU works. Maybe by the time we get our ND game he'll be head coach.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:You qualify after three years. I believe you receive $470 a month for each year you play. They start receiving their pension at age 55.
That seems low. I guess I could Google the NFLPA agreement. (This is what students used to get extra credit for!)
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I politely disagree with the people on bleacher report. This is not me being a homer for Rashad or biased because of the common ground we have with LU. It has everything to do with his talent, team-first mentality and work ethic. He will continue to surprise teams as he has done with Oakland, Jacksonville and NY. I can think of a few teams who could use him immediately as their #1 guy and I think he is still a #1 guy in the league. Good luck Rashad we are all rooting for you and most importantly we are proud of you and your walk with Christ!
You may not be a homer, but you're wrong. He averaged 3.3 YPC this past year. He's never gained 900 yards in a season. His career high was 6 rushing TDs in 2013. He's not close to a #1 guy at this point. He was a borderline #1 in his prime.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
He'd be a great change of pace guy for someone like Doug Martin (assuming he's back) in TB. A shift to fullback might be in the cards as well for the few teams who still use them.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:Rashad Jennings announces his retirement from the NFL

http://www.aseaofred.com/rashad-jenning ... -from-nfl/
So he can be hired on as the Liberty HYPE MAN! Seriously, the dude is loveable.
I'm sure he would do a great job, but I suspect his charisma will be utilized in more lucrative ways. He will still be a great ambassador for his alma mater, whatever direction he goes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He's being groomed for network TV work based on what I have heard. He has more charisma than the Roanoke twins IMHO.
I think he’d be good at it
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]